26. I'LL DO IT

" All I wanna know is, if you love her, how come you never give in? "

-

JO TOOK A QUICK step forward. Suddenly realizing the situation which she had managed to stumble into.

"Attendre," she said, probably not as strongly and filled with confidence as she would have wanted. Wait.

No one, but Julian paid much attention to her words. His bewildered face pointed towards her while his body was being pulled and grabbed by the others.

"Je le ferai," she spoke up once again. I'll do it.

One of the nurses turned her head. Tilting an eyebrow in a questioning manner.

"Quoi?" she asked. What?

She placed a hand on a doctor's shoulder, getting his attention to fall onto Jo's presence. The whole scene stopped. Julian was breathing loudly, gritting his teeth.

"Je le connais," Jo said, moving closer to the bed. I know him. "Je le ferai."

I'll do it.

They stood there for quite a long time. Staring at her with wondering gazes. The doctor eyed her up and down, before giving in.

"Très bien alors," he spoke in a low tone, waving slightly with his hand, nonchalantly.
Alright then.

He nodded towards the others who were pinning Julian down and soon enough they let go, exiting the cut-off area. She watched as the soldier grimaced at them.
Jo was handed the syringe. She glared at it, unsure of what it was.

"Qu'est-ce que c'est?" she asked, turning the object in different ways.

"Tranquillisant," Julian scoffed, lowering his gaze towards it as well.
Tranquilizer.

She put it on the table next to her, thinking to herself. Was this a joke?
She knew that he could be more than a handful, refusing to get help and whatsoever, but wasn't this a bit much?

"Je pensais que tu rentrais à la maison," she murmured. I thought you were going home.

"J'ai été." I was.
He leaned back into the bed, finally catching his breath and letting out quite a loud sigh.

Jo looked back up, unable to hide the confusion in her eyes. She scanned his body. He looked much worse than he had done when they first met. A bash in his head was covered by some white fabric which the blood was visible through. There was big cut in his arm and another closer to his neck.

"Tu sais-" He lifted his finger and made a tiny gesture. You know-

"Parfois je souhaite que les infirmières ici soient anglaises," he admitted.
Sometimes I wish the nurses here were english.

She glared at him, crossing her arms behidnd her back casually.

"Elles étaient juste un peu plus gentilles."
They were just a bit nicer.

She chuckled quietly, stepping closer and placing a supportive hand upon the wooden table next to the bed.

"La dernière fois que je t'ai vu, tu te plaignais d'eux," she spoke with an amused look in her eye. Last time a saw you, you were complaining about them.