Part 2

Warnings: swearing, slight sentiments of sadness

Historical Inaccuracies:

- I realize that 'Time Waits For No One' was partially a composition by Dave Clark, and not only by Freddie, but I'd imagine that he'd have liked that whole concept anyway, before Clark came along with his musical.

- The picture above is from Christmas Eve, 1969, but we're going to pretend that it's from February, 1975 :)

Word Count: 4.3k

‧⁺˚*·༓☾ ☽༓・*˚⁺‧

You awoke with a terrible sadness in your heart, and heavy-limbed, you climbed out of bed to the sound of rain and somebody making coffee in the kitchen. With a look at your alarm clock and a start, you realised that it was already ten minutes past eleven.

You traded your pyjamas for slacks and a jumper Heather had once knitted for you, wondering why melancholy overwhelmed you as you combed your hair from your eyes.

Dazed by sleep, you wandered into the kitchen with a yawn shuddering your frame. You blinked blearily at the shirtless blonde in your kitchen who was drumming his fingers on the counter along to the tune he hummed.

"Roger?" you said, confounded.

He spun around with an equally bewildered expression, his hands raised as though he'd been caught doing something he shouldn't have been doing.

His features broadened into a smile. "Y/N! You live here too?"

"Too?" you said. "Who else do you know here? And put on a shirt, Rog. You're dressed if you're in my kitchen."

Roger stuck out his tongue at you, but pulled his shirt from where it'd been slung over a barstool.

You returned his lovely expression and he rolled his eyes at you in good nature

You'd known Roger since you'd started at Imperial College and he'd started at London Hospital medical college; you'd met him at the stall he kept in Kensington Market, selling clothes. Always talking about cars and his love for them, Roger was funny and charming, and quite intelligent, though the latter was a thing he downplayed in favour of his looks. You had never understood why boys thought that girls didn't want a smart boyfriend, and when you'd mentioned it to Roger off-handedly once, visiting on a day he was working at the stall, he'd simply shrugged. "I'll get them one way or another," he'd winked.

Then, a sophisticated, sunkissed lad who was folding clothes had snorted from behind a clothing rack. "You won't get her," he'd said, referring to you. He'd then introduced himself with, "Freddie Mercury, darling. I can tell you where to find the nice boys, because Rog here isn't one of them." Freddie, of East Ealing Art College, was shy but creative, fashionable, and utterly lovely. He had known Roger since before school, and, aside from the clothing stand with Rog, was also in a band with him and a couple of others. Roger played the drums, and you knew that Freddie was an incredible vocalist, because you'd once caught him humming to himself and demanded he sing you more. You had fit right in with Roger and Freddie since day one, with your sharp wit and passionate romanticisms, and the three of you had quickly become good friends.

"So who's the lucky lady?" you said, putting the kettle on for tea. For some reason, you didn't feel like coffee this morning. The thought of its bitterness suddenly drew bitterness from you. "Or should I say ladies?" you trilled.

Roger smirked, leaned against the kitchen counter. "No, just the one lady. Think she's still asleep, though, so try to keep it down, Y/N," he shushed.