Entry #1

May 30, 2017.

Nung nalaman kong nilabas na ang results where I had my entrance exam, I was ecstatic.

Out of all the prestigious schools in the city, I opted for De La Salle - College of Saint Benilde.

It was the only school that I chose to take my entrance exam. Wala akong other options kasi yun talaga ang pinaka-gusto ko. Plus, I'm determined to enter my dream school.

The moment that it was announced all over the well known platforms of social media, I was fidgeting over my phone. Sabi kasi nila, may magnonotify sa amin na email. Pag may natanggap ka, it means pasado ka.

God knows how long I have waited for the notification bell to ring and stir me with its sound.

Pero sa totoo lang, I loathe the sound of notifications. For me, they're a sign of nuisance kaya laging naka-silent ang phone ko.

Pero syempre, not this time.

Halos lahat na yata ng santo na kilala ko, dinasalan ko. Kulang nalang agawin ko na yung rosary na palaging hawak ni mama para lang marinig ni Lord yung prayers ko.

Until my phone finally did what I wanted it to do.

Agad kong binasa ang natanggap ko pagkatapos kong marinig ang notification bell.

"Ms. Aragoza, congratulations! We're pleased to offer you admission as a freshman to the following: AB Communication..."

"MAMA! PAPA!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. Kulang nalang ay maibato ko pa yung cellphone na hawak ko dahil sa tuwa.

I remember the confusion sinking from their faces by the moment they barged inside my room. Akala pa siguro nila may nangyaring masama sa akin.

"Princess, may problema ba?" my mom asked. My dad stood beside her, the same worry struck through his face.

"I passed the entrance exam!" I squealed with all of my might.

And I was suddenly attacked by their warm hugs.

Nung una, they were not in favor of my desired course.

Parehas silang galing sa industry ng media and they kept reminding me na baka may iba pang courses na mapupusuan ko.

Parang nilagay ko na raw kasi yung isang paa ko sa hukay once I enter the world of media while barely knowing the danger that it holds.

But still, they couldn't blame me for doing so.

As a kid, I would always tug their shirts para lang makasama ako sakanila kapag magaanchor na sila.

I would just sit at one corner, admiring the camera equipment and piles of paper that surrounded me. If nasa commercial break sila, they would allow me to sit by their laps and offer me the microphone to speak nothing but gibberish. Syempre, bata pa ako nun eh.

Masasabi kong maaga akong namulat sa mundo na kung saan ay dapat pinapahalagahan ang impormasyon at hindi dapat ito binabahiran ng kamalian.

Especially now that we live in a world where propaganda is considered reliable and factual information is known as dubious, we need more individuals that will break that so called norm.

And I am willing to be one of them.

Although it took some time before I finally convinced them, I made sure to attract them with my charms.

Noong una, ginagawa ko lagi yung household chores. Diretso uwi agad ako after school. Palagi na rin akong maagang natutulog lalo na pag hindi ako tambak sa requirements.