Chapter 2; Cat and Mouse

May 31st, Sunday, 2020

Slime; Haunted by Melanie Martinez 🧸🎡

-
⚠️ Warning; this chapter involves the following and may not be suitable for all readers. ⚠️
References of death

-

Previously on Famously Dead...

"You know what, since you literally can't go to anyone to snitch about me, I'll let you see me. On one condition," He pauses, "we play a little game called cat and mouse." I look at the figure curious as to what this game was.

"Cat and mouse are one of my favorites. It's very simple. You run around like a typical mouse trying not to get caught by the cat-- me. The only way the mouse can win is if the mouse can pin down the cat." He explains I wait a second before asking, "And how does the cat win?" They laugh loudly before answering. "The cat wins by killing its prey." I stare realizing what happens if I lose.

If I lose, I lose my life.

...we continue...

Your POV

"Come on doll face we don't have all day." The mysterious man says with impatience. I pause before answering him thinking carefully about my choice. "Okay, I'll play your game, on one condition," The man groans with annoyance and impatience. "Instead of just running from the beginning waiting for you to catch up with me, I want 30 seconds to hide." I say with a pinch of confidence. "Fine, it's not like you can hide anywhere this is a rooftop after all." The man says turning around. "One, two, three, four....." I quickly put my plan into action.

I quickly grabbed the rusted pipe and headed to the edge of the rooftop. I looked down and back at the figure. I breathed in one last time before jumping off the building.

"Mysterious Persons" POV

"Hey!" I said darting to the edge of the hotel rooftop. I looked at the bottom and... what the hell!? She wasn't there! I looked back up and seen her going down a banner line with the rusted pipe. "I'm not losing to elf boy!" I said running inside of the hotel. I ran to the steps mentally groaning because we were on the very top floor. I decided against using the steps and ran to the elevator instead.

Thankfully the elevator wasn't busy at all and I could continue to find my mouse.

Your POV

After going across the banner line I ran into an alleyway that eventually led me to an abandoned building. I checked to see if the door had rusted enough so I could break it open. Thankfully, it was. I threw my body at the door at least three times before the door had finally slammed itself opened. I quickly analyzed my body checking if everything still worked properly.

After checking everything worked with the exception of a throbbing shoulder. I looked around to see if there was anywhere to hide in this rotting building and to my luck, there was nothing except some musty looking steps.

I tested my luck and began to carefully-but swiftly-walk up the steps. I hoped that when I reached the top that there would be something to secrete my body. And there was. I sighed in relief looking at all of the old run-down objects. It looked as if someone had been using the building as merely an attic. Not objecting to the idea, I began to look for my hiding spot.

I wasn't in the most complicated spot but I wasn't in the easiest either. I had chosen to get on one of the ceilings support beams. It hadn't been hard considering when going into movies I decided I didn't want a stuntwoman. I looked around to go somewhere a little more discrete and I saw a hole in the ceiling. I began to steadily balance on the beam. It was very hard considering that the beam was falling apart.

Eventually, I made it over to the hole and noticed that it led to the roof. I internally celebrated that I had finally found a spot-and it had been a pretty decent one. When I finally pulled myself onto the rooftop my heart stopped. I immediately hopped right back down and heard someone gruffly say, "Come here mousie!" I misplaced my step when trying to get down causing me to fall hard onto the rotted wooden floor.

I gasped for air trying to get myself up again to run away from this pyscho, but I miserably failed. I closed my eyes just waiting to be caught. I know, pathetic right? But I was completely immobile. I hear the stranger land on the floor next to me and think this is it. I finally process this is it, and I shakily put my arms out and breathlessly say, "You win so just... do whatever to... to kill me."

I hear a booming laugh come from above me. I open my eyes in confusion and my eyes immediately land on a bleached male. Even though I can barely see, I take my guesses as to who it is. I immediately try to get up and run away from this infamous killer. I groan as I immediately collapse back to the floor. He chuckles as he sees me struggle.

"You know, you and I are similar in a way." He says with his everlasting smile. "You and I are nothing alike." I say with venom lacing through my voice. He chuckles and says, "Oh but we are (Y/N)," He crouches down to my body and takes out his knife. I glare at the smiling killer as he begins to trace my face with his knife that has probably killed more than the count of my fans. "you see, you can make millions cry and I can make millions cry. In fact, you'd be perfect as my killing partner." I was very confused as to what he meant with that. I just hoped that he would explain what he meant since he obviously loves to talk. But he sadly didn't and I had to gain the courage to actually speak to this obnoxious killer. "...What exactly do you mean by that?" I anxiously said waiting for his response.

He loudly laughed again taking everything like it was a big comedy. "Well you see, since you're dead in the public eye, if we were to break into a house-so I could kill someone-then they would either a.) notice me first and start balling their eyes out pleading for me not to take their lives. or b.) be one of your biggest brightest fans out there, and cry because y'know you're basically dead." The male laughs loudly from his fake scenario. "You speak as if this is actually going to happen." He immediately stops laughing and looks at me with a tinge of annoyance that seems to be deathly overcome with boredom. "See, eventually it will happen. But for right now..." He says lifting up my head.

"I just need you to Go to sleep." He says before he slams my head hard on the rotted flooring.

--

Thursday, June 18th, 3:05 am 2020

Published: Sunday, September 27th, 12:12pm 2020

1180 Words :D