Chapter 6: Said and done

"She wanted you and everyone to know that life is as beautiful and as fragile as blossoms."

Following the burst of Isaac on the street they hardly had any conversation. They got back in car and started moving back inside the city. Amy asked Jace to drop her at her gallery. Jace had a lot of questions in his mind; Amy could feel them running through his head via his gestures in car. Jace left Amy at the gallery without a word about Isaac. But he did ask her one question.

"What you are doing for dinner tonight? Maybe we..."

"Jace honestly, I need some time alone." Amy sounded tired and utterly exhausted when she spoke those words.

Jace nodded and tried to give a thin smile at last. He drove away but his mind couldn't let go what Isaac had said about Amy. Amy entered her gallery and went to her room inside which read Private. She was looking to at a big canvas in front of her which was set in landscape position. She took a brush in her hand which was freshly dipped into black color and said, "God can I do this?"

The following days were difficult, particularly for Amy. Jace had been trying to contact her over text and call but she was ignoring him. Jace who was initially thought of waiting for Amy to explain what happened outside the orphanage was now on verge of suspicion. Amy was having her own fight with notions she believed in and the motion of events taking place around her. It was getting challenging for her as there was struggle between her thoughts and what demanded to been done in present situation. She finally, after three days of thinking gathered enough courage to call Jace discuss with him about the conflict she was having within herself. She picked up her and was about to dial Jace and in the same moment she received a call. Jace name was flashing on her screen. She got nervous but took a deep breath and picked up call.

"Hey, I was about to call you..."

"I want to see you right now in your gallery, right now." Jace was furious and yelling his guts out. Amy got scared at his tone and volume.

"Jace, what happen? Why are you..."
"Just come here right now, I am waiting." Amy could feel that he was trying to suppress his anger the second but failed miserably in it. "Now." That was the last word Jace spoke before hanging up the call. Amy tried to talk but all in vain.

Amy got out of her house immediately to reach her gallery and you trying to call Jace again and again on her way but he wasn't answering. When Amy reached at her gallery she was hoping to see Jace at the gate waiting for her but to her surprise no one was there. Amy went to the gate and got her keys out of pocket and when she put them through the peephole she found that gate was open. Jace wouldn't do that Amy thought but all she knew was Jace had called her to be there so he might be inside. Amy went inside to find Jace standing near the gate of private room. Jace was standing there with back supporting at gate frame and his face down.

"Jace what are you doing here? How did you get inside?" Amy was firm in her tone. Whatever the reason maybe this was intrusion of privacy for her.

"So YOU are thinking about privacy, huh? About invasion in someone's life without asking?" there were slight tears in his eyes when he picked up his face and sense of accusation and anger in his voice. "Because you are the person who invades other people life and take their story to create painting." The increasing tempo in Jace's voice was terrifying.

"You need to hear me out about Isaac and..."

"I don't care about Isaac. I am actually hurt because of this." He said those words and went inside. Amy followed him because she knew what he was about to show her. There was a big canvas clipped on holder and a cloth placed on it. "Please don't." Amy requested. But Jace went ahead and dragged the cloth of the canvas. There was a magnificent painting beholden by that cloth. It looked more real than the reality was. It was painting of Jace standing and looking at a cherry blossom tree in front of him with its petals slowing falling onto him and the upper portion of tree resembled to a face. The branches and flowers combined made face that look a lot like Lily.