Mission 5 - The cat's next assignment

Reader pov :

I finally got back to Konoha. Everyone stares at the Hokage in confusion. "Ah, The ninja cat. Sorry but this is a private meeting, can you wait outside." Everyone in the room leaves. "What happened to you?" He asks me once everyone leaves.

"I didn't get there in time. I'm sorry lord Hokage. I have failed you." I croak out, Ashamed that I appeared in front of the old man looking like this and with nothing but bad news. "My child, don't cry. I asked what happened to you?" My eyes widened, "Orochimaru, he placed a transformation curse on me. I can't transform back." I mutter sadly, The Hokage picks me up and places me on the desk. I watch as he tries over and over again to change me again. "I'm sorry, my child." I let out a sigh and shook my head. "It isn't your fault."

"I have a mission for you, my child, Keep an eye out on the Uchiha boy." I nod my head and say, "I won't be able to protect him but I will try." The Hokage smiles at me, Picking me up and teleporting to the congregation ceremony. I smile and curl up on the third Hokage shoulder. I noticed team 7 had made it which made me smile, I'm glad they made it.

I also notice that Guy and Kakashi are still fired up, even at times like this. I feel the Hokage move forward, I go to sleep, already hearing this speech more times than I can count. I knew that the jounin was going to interrupt. Suddenly, a wave of pain shoots through me. I look into the crowd and see Sasuke gritting in pain. Wait, is my pain connected to Sasuke? I teleport to him and lick the mark, calming the pain. I stared daggers into Sakura.

I know she can't know it's me. Sasuke wraps his arms around me. I nizzle my face into his chest. "I can't do much for you but I won't leave you alone." I stare at the Hokage, letting him know I will stay by Sasuke's side. I fell asleep against him, I can't help it. He is so warm!

Suddenly, I feel myself getting drained of energy. What is going on? I wake up to find Sasuke battling? I look up to find Kakashi holding me. I tried to get to Sasuke but I was stopped. "Stop. If you go to him, he will be out of the exam" Kakashi mutters. I look down with worry. Sasuke, you better win or I won't forgive you.

I smile, Yes! There is more than ninjutsu and genjutsu. It's Taijutsu! Suddenly a burning pain shoots through me. No! I see the mark spreading on Sasuke. Don't let it take over! I growl. Suddenly, it goes away. Sasuke attacks him and they both go down. I wait, "Come on, Sasuke! Get up!" I plead, He slowly gets up. Once the fight is declared over. I see Sasuke about to fall again. Kakashi teleports behind him, using his knee to hold him up.

I pounce on him, licking him on his curse mark. "Don't scare me like that again!" I growled at him. He tries to fight with Kakashi but in the end, I glare him down and make him go.