5 months later

Onyx's POV
      I walked through the Fortress of the Blackstone Legion as Catapult stone's impacted our towers, I saw men bracing as the stones impacted. I looked up as one of the walls crumbled before I yelled "Reinforce the breach!" As I climbed the steps to the tallest spire, I never moved braced as stones impacted only continuing to climb to Alis's quarters. Eventually I reached it and spoke to the two officers standing outside "Grab every soldier on this level and hold those stairs" they nodded as we walked into the war room, I spoke to the men "Follow their orders as if they came from me! Go!" They scrambled out the door as I saw Alis leaning on the table with her helmet next to her as I heard the door close I reached her. I saw her stand and look at me as I wrapped my arms around her and pressed my forehead against hers "This is it my love" she sighed but nodded "If only its could've been different" I released my grip on her "Go, get to the upper reaches. I'll stop anyone who gets past the men outside" she shook her head no "We fight together" I lifted my helmet and slid it on "I'll find you in Elysium, I promise" she smiled as her helmet slid down. I pulled my shield and spear off my back and sat in my chair waiting for whichever faction managed to make it to us first.
        A while later the doors threw open and the Emperor's champion stood proudly in the door, I stood and smiled at him "Ah so the Champion emerges, let's dance shall we?" The Champion shifted his attention to me, I smiled as he flipped his sword into reverse grip before charging forward and flipping side over side as I crouched and lifted my shield stopping and sword of momentum he was trying to build. I spun and threw the edge of my shield at him only for him to dodge and open a wound on the underside of my forearm, I hissed as I pushed forward throwing quick jab after quick jab that he either dodged or blocked until one of my attacks implanted itself in his shoulder, he grunted as I spun and swung my spear like a bat before I spun and jabbed forward watching the champion dodge forward and deflect my spear up I shifted my shield and blocked as he spun and sent his sword back towards me.
       I looked down as I felt the breeze and noticed his blade stopped just short of my thigh, I cracked my shield down before reaching over the top of it and cutting across his back. He turned and gripped my shield pulling it against my strength until he got it to the point he wanted it and he spun throwing 3 quick slashes that cut my chest plate and left deep gashes on my chest. I hissed as Apollyon stepped in and parried one of his attacks, I dodged back and gripped my spear before waiting. The Champion dropped to a knee as he swung his sword wide dragging it across apollyon's stomach, I saw his back was to me as I took a small leap forward and threw my spear at him full force he spun and swung his sword splitting my spear down the center I sighed "Gods he damned, damnit all!" I charged forward as Apollyon rolled back and the Champion spun throwing a swipe at me as I dodged to the left and deflected his attack before I gripped my sword and dragged it across his body.
     I nodded to Apollyon as she opened the back door and I worked my way over, I backed up the stairs while blocking the Champion's attempts to do any damage until we reached the top. I felt the floor level out and spun to my right and out of the way as Apollyon swung her sword at waist height forcing the orochi to block while I crouched and leveled my sword, I bashed my shield into the orochi and went to throw a heavy overhead strike until I felt a pain in my chest, I looked down and saw a sword disappearing into my chest. I gripped the orochi's arm and pulled him closer before whispering "You're not going to win, War will always be a thing" he looked shocked as I fell back and impacted the ground. I saw Apollyon wailing on the poor Champion as he dodged almost constantly to avoid her rage filled attacks, I blacked out before coming back to reality as I heard the Champion "It is over! We will have peace!" And Apollyon chuckled before coughing "Peace? So... what happens now? You all just - go home? You came into my home, and you brought your armies." She chuckled "What did you think would happen? Peace? That isn't how the world works, don't speak to me of your virtues. Duties. Kinship. Honor. You forgot what you are..." the champion spoke "You want war. Only war" Apollyon turned and spoke "All I want is you to admit what you are. All of you, my wolves" I saw her fall as I blacked out.