Chapter 1

Wally's POV

My favorite time is when I go on patrol with my uncle Barry. I get out of the house and away from my father. But I can't run around forever.

"Kid, you look tired and hungry why don't you go home I can finish up here," Barry told me. I knew going home would not be any better in fact it would be worse but I could not tell him that so I agreed to go.

When I got home my parents were already asleep so I was safe for now. I quickly got something to eat and quietly made my way up stair. Of course my timing was terrible because my father walk out of his room right as I walked by.

"Where do you think you are going?" he asked.

"My room, sir," I replied, looking down.

"You know it is really late. You know you are not allowed out this late," he growled. I flinched.

"Sorry, sir. I was out with Barry,sir," I told him.

"Maybe I should remind you of your curfew," he yelled.

"Please no! I'm still sore from last night," I cried.

"I never said you got a choice now come on," he said grabbing my arm and pulled me into his room.

--------------------------------- Time Jump So this is not rate M --------------------------------------------

By the time father was done I had multiple ribs broken, a black eye, broken leg, broken arm, and my entire lower area hurt. (If could not tell from the little description, Wally was beaten then raped by his father)

"I hate my life. I hate my house. I hate my family. No one would care if I just offed with myself," I said in front of the mirror. I just sighed. I just had to remind myself I will get out of this house one day.

The next day I went to school and just like normal I pretended everything was fine in front of my friends. They seemed more distant lately so they must know something was up.

"Hey Wally," my friend Kayla said as I walked into the lunch room.

"Hey Kay, hey Jax," I said. I winced as I sat down.

"You good dude?" Jax asked.

"I'm fine," I told him. I gave off a fake smile. He seemed to believe it because he went off telling up about a new computer project he was working on.

School was my escape. I might be a nerd but I was never bullied for it. It was nice to have a break.

"So you want to come over and help me?" Jax asked me.

"I can't my uncle and I are going out tonight," I lied. Barry makes me take a break every now and then and tonight was one of those nights. But father would never let me go over to friend's house.

"Okay I understand. Barry sounds like a lot of fun. I wish i could see my uncle as often as you do," he said sadly. I hated blowing him off like that but I had no choice. The bell rang and we all got up and went to class.

When I got home that afternoon Barry was there but my parents were not.

"Hey Bar, I thought you did not want me going out tonight," I said. He laughed.

"Yeah but I thoought the two of us could go hang out like normal people. Just like go get something to eat?" he asked. I smiled. I was getting an escape tonight.

"Sounds good," I said. I ran upstairs and dropped my stuff off and got changed.

"Ready?" he asked as I came back down.

"Yep. Let's go," I said. He laughed and we walked out the door.