E L E V E N

It was the big day; the discharge day. After two weeks of staying at the hospital, Nora was finally strong enough to go home. That didn't mean she could live her normal life, but she could rehabilitate at home, in a trusted surrounding. Two weeks full of rehabilitation, examinations, visits of doctors, was it finally time to say goodbye.

Or at least, in a couple of hours. Nora was asleep, she was too excited last night after hearing she could go home, which caused that she didn't get enough sleep. Napping in the late morning wasn't a problem at all.

George let his eyes rest on Nora, who was facing towards George. He's been here since ten o'clock, he and Nora talked, but she fell asleep. George didn't mind it though, he was a company, and Nora felt comfortable around him - so falling asleep while he was keeping company wasn't a bad thing. He could look at her without getting her notice. Nora still looked the same; the first thing you notice when you see here were her eyes. Her eyes were closed, but her dark eyebrows were notable. Under her eyelids were hiding those brown coloured eyes, you could drown in those eyes. Her perfect pink lips were shaped into a thin line, but yet they looked so kissable.

The corners of his mouth curled up. Nora looked better, the colour in her face was back for the first time in weeks. George caught himself on smiling, what one person can do... He broke the stare and looked down at the notebook what was in his hands. It was not like he was reading her personal stuff, but he thought it was sweet to leave a small note in the notebook for when she was home - just a small sweet note to surprise her.

Yet he promised himself he wouldn't read Nora's own stories, George's eyes fell on her last story. The last thing she wrote was 'I want you.'. A thin line appeared between his eyebrows. It was already too late, his eyes glanced over the words she wrote. He must say, her handwriting improved - it was less messy than a view days ago when he saw her writing some things down.

And even when we look at each other, I always wonder what crosses your mind when your eyes meet mine.

George bit on his lip, about who is this?

Sometimes you make me feel like I actually have a chance with you, but when I try to take that chance, you make me realise I never really did.

Is it who he thinks it was? George tightened his jaw. He had to stop reading, but he couldn't stop. He had to know about whom this was, he needed the confirmation of the name what was going through his mind.

Sometimes I think I'm special to you, but then I realise you are acting the same with everyone else and I just...yup, that's cool, alright. I'm not that special, I guess.

It had to be him, no one else is treating more persons at once, or treating people when Nora saw it.

I don't even know why I even bother to like you, to have feelings for you, because it's not like we will end up dating or being together. It's a bloody waste of my feelings and time. It's just...hearing your name makes me smile like an idiot. I want to hold your stupid hand, I want to hug you as much as possible without getting weird looks.

Did she hug him? And did she has feelings for him? He looked in the upper corner of the page and saw the date: Tuesday 15th of January, the day after she had met him. George felt his heart break in pieces. His eyes became blurry because of the tears what were forming in his eyes. He blinked them away and let his eyes rest on the three last words of the page.

I want you.

Ben, she wanted Ben. Of course, she wanted the hot doctor. The moment Ben stepped inside of the room, she was sold, George knew that. The pink blushes on her cheek, her racing heart rate, not being capable of giving normal answers...how stupid could George be? He let out a deep breath and looked down, at the floor. If that was her choice, it was her choice. But what was the utility if he still stuck around? It was obvious for him she didn't want him. Why would a beautiful girl like Nora like a boy like George? George was nothing, he wasn't special or looked extraordinary; he was just a simple boy from King's Lynn and nothing more. Ben was exceptional, he was saving lives every day, and he looked handsome as well.