T H I R T Y F I V E

"You sure you want to share your room? I can book my own room if you want to. I know you like to have your own space when it comes to race weekends," Nora stammered when she and George entered George's hotel room. Her eyes scanned the room before looking back at George.

He looked at here, sharing a smile. "It's fine, stop worrying about me," he replied. "I will take a shower real quick."

She nodded and put her bag and suitcase on the ground. "Sure," she said. "Erm, can I borrow your phone to FaceTime my dad? I'm sorry for using your phone all the time, but my dad won't give me my own phone and the Nokia is useless in Australia."

"Yeah, sure," he said and gave her his phone. "No problem. Why won't he give you your phone? It's been a while since it all happened." George was curious to know what the reason was.

"I don't know. Kline and Damien agreed on one hour of tv, but preferably not a device or computer. And my dad refuses to give me back my phone because he only wants to give it back when Kline and Damien say I can use my phone again," Nora explained. "Overprotective," she said and pressed her lips into a pressed smile.

"Hmm-hmm," he hummed. "I get it."

"It is six o'clock here, so it is nine in the morning in England," she mumbled. "He should we awake by now."

George went for a shower, and Nora laid down on the bed, it felt amazing to lay down on a bed again. Today was an exciting day, and it wasn't over yet. She unlocked George's phone and called her dad over FaceTime. When she called him, she thought about how open George was. He trusted her with his phone. It's not like I have to hide things, and he probably doesn't have too, but a bit of privacy would be nice, and I think he thinks the same about it. Nora licked her lips and waited for the call to be connected.

When the call got connected, Hugo looked at his screen, just like Nora. It was silence between them, but the difference was that Hugo probably was in an angry silence and Nora in a typical silence.

"Where are you?" The words left Hugo's mouth like he saw something horrible to be angry about. Nora gasped for air, she was in trouble. "Nora Florence Clarke, answer my question."

And I'm screwed. Her jaw tightened, and she looked away, she instantly regretted calling her dad. She parted her lips and looked back at the screen again.

"A better question is: why are you in Melbourne without saying it to me?" Hugo was annoyed, but not stupid. Nora's eyes widened. "You're with George, you're calling with his phone. And George happens to be in Melbourne. Don't act like I'm stupid, Nora."

"Yeah, I'm just in Melbourne," she scarily said on a soft tone.

"'Just in Melbourne'. Young lady, have you any idea where that is? On the other side of the world. And how did you get there? With an aeroplane. And you remember what the deal was? Switzerland, you could fly to Switzerland, not bloody Australia." Her dad raised his voice. "We were worried, Nora."

Nora cleared her throat. "This may not be the most clever action-"

"I'm glad you see that yourself too."

She straightened her face and looked annoyed. She rolled over on her stomach. "And I know it is not in the neighbourhood, but I had to go, dad. And I'm fine, I really am."

Hugo sighed, annoyed. "Do you realise what you have done?" Nora stayed in silence. "Many things, Nora. And I'm not quite happy."

"I am nineteen years old, dad. I can perfectly take care of myself, I have flown alone before."

"I do not care whether you are nineteen years old or thirty-five years old, you are still recovering of an almost fatal crash."

Nora licked her lips. "Yes, and I would like you not to remind me of that, thank you."