After Show

Like 'Game Boy', this story includes triggering topics like extreme language. Please, be careful while reading.

Shoto's p.o.v

"I don't care dad. I'm going to the rink tonight and you can't stop me." I said, grabbing my key lanyard and slipping it over my neck. I also grabbed my little bag by the door. "I'm your father." He defended. "And I'm your son. What does that have to do with anything?" I replied. He hates when I go out; he'd rather me stay home with him and have him control me. "You don't look like my son. You dress like a fag." He snarled. I turned around, anger fully taking over. "You don't act like my dad. You control and belittle me every day." And with that, I slammed the door closed behind me and ran. Getting into my car, I started the car and started driving to the skating rink. I couldn't miss it. I had a reservation to perform tonight and people would be screwed out of their money for booking me. Plus, I made good money this way. It wasn't but ten minutes until I made it to the skating rink parking lot, the bumpy gravel tearing up the tires of my car slowly. I put all my things in my bag, slamming the car door shut before heading inside. I checked in with the front desk, grabbing my key from the owner and headed to my locker. Placing my bag inside the small, smelly blue locker, I pulled out my skates and tied them up. Walking out of the locker room, I skated out to the main floor.

   Looking around the rink at the people, I noticed this one boy near the edge. I hadn't seen him here before and I sensed he hadn't been here in a while, if not ever. People were staring at him as he slipped around the rink and fell. He seemed so clumsy yet, graceful in his own strange way. I was instantly drawn to him for reasons unknown to me. He seemed different almost. His bright green hair bounced as he slowly made his way around the edge like everyone else. A layer of confusion coated his face as he started wobbling to the exit of the rink. He stood around the edge, looking out at the empty rink while the music started to play. Girls/Girls/Boys blasted over the speakers and people started clapping. Skating to the entrance of the rink, I rolled right past him. His head was moving to the upbeat music and he started mouthing the lyrics. He looked adorable doing it too. As I skated around the rink, twirling and spinning and gliding to the music, the crowd had scattered cheers and claps. My performances always filled up the rink on weekends so the owner always booked me whenever he could.

   The lyrics stopped for a moment, only instrumental music taking over the speakers and I started skating around a little more, happy to have an empty rink to myself even if it was only for five minutes. I longed for the crowd to watch me dance like I was magical. I loved giving people that feeling. The boy watched in awe as I skated around and I soon found myself coming up to him. "Meet me after the show Roller Baby." I leaned on the rink, reaching out to touch his freckled face and gently ran my hand down his cheek before making a swift turn, the music coming back to me. He held onto his cheek, watching me dance and finish my number. The crowd roared in applause and I skated out of the rink while the others all flooded in. I could really use a soda and possibly a bag of chips after that. Skating my way to the concession stand, I ordered my drink and bag of chips, paid the two dollars it cost and went back to an empty table. The other skaters were skating around to the music, the green haired boy nowhere to be seen. Maybe I scared him off. Shit, that wasn't my intention. "Hey." I heard a small voice from behind me. I turned to see freckle face, smiling gently at his presence. "Hey roller baby. Take a seat." I pointed across the table, sipping the Coke I had bought. He blushed deeply, sitting down across from me. "Why do you call me that?" He asked, looking out at the rink of people. "Well, you suck at roller skating and you're cute, baby." What can I say? I'm straight forward when it comes to most things. He blushed again. "So, I have a proposition to make." I said, finishing my chips and throwing the bag in a nearby trash can. "What would that be?" He asked, staring down at my skates. "I have a show every Saturday and I can see a difference in the crowd. Things need to be spiced up." I started. "So, I think I could use a skating partner. And you, you're just perfect for it."

He stares at me in, what I assumed to be, shock. "Did you even watch me skate out there? I can't even stand without falling and holding onto the wall!" He exclaimed crazily. "Exactly, that's the fun of practicing with you. If you did things perfectly, it wouldn't be fun. Plus, you're a lot cuter than anyone else here." I smiled. "Stop doing that! I'm not cute!" He exclaimed, covering his red face with his hands. I grabbed his hands and pulled them away. "Yes you are freckle face. Now, follow me." I said, taking his hand and dragging him to my skate locker. I unlocked it with the key on my lanyard and pulled out a pair of skates I had from last year. "I never use these so, you can have them instead of renting the ones from here." I handed his the pair of pink skates with small pastel purple bows in the side. A present from my mother. She always sent me a box on my birthday with new skates. "You know, the skates that you have on, I have the same pair at home. I got  them when I was eleven." He smiled, watching as I slipped the skates in my locker and locked it back. "We start practice tomorrow. Be there at twelve and we can start your lessons." He trailed behind me, ripping the old, rink owned skates off and returning them to the front. "I'll be there." He promised with a smile, following me outside and grabbing his bike from the stands outside.

"I'll see you then baby."