57. Drunken Nights

"I'll see you in the street, and you'll try not to look at me, and I'll miss how it used to be - but that's just how it goes."

Paisley Anne BestSaturday 25th November 8:47pm

Paisley Anne Best
Saturday 25th November
8:47pm

Lying in bed, reading a book.

Reading a book, lying in bed.

This is my life now.

Saturday nights spent alone with a book.

Wow.

A rap of knuckles against her bedroom door, snapped Paisley out of her self pitying thoughts.

"Pais?" The voice called out before a head of red hair popped around wood.

"Rory?" Paisley furrowed her eyebrows, shuffling to sit against the headboard of the bed, "hey," she smiled, "what are you doing here?"

Rory entered the bedroom and shut the door behind her, Paisley's eyes drew to the couple bags in her hands.

"Your grandparents let me in, I thought maybe we could have a girls night?" Rory suggested with a cheeky smile.

A smile tilted Paisley's lips, "did you bring alcohol?" Paisley asked raising an eyebrow.

Rory smirked, "of course I bought alcohol, do you know me at all?"

Paisley laughed and patted the bed beside her, "well what're you doing standing there? Gimme," she held her hands out grinning.

Rory laughed and kicked her shoes off before jumping into bed beside Paisley - still with the bags close by her side.

"Right, I have vodka, solo cups, and a range of different sodas to try the vodka with," Rory grinned tipping out the first bag, revealing all that had been listed, "and then I thought, well we can't drink on an empty stomach-" she tipped out the second bag, revealing tubs of Ben and Jerry's ice cream, crisps and chocolate - lots of it, "Bon appetite."

Paisley laughed and clapped her hands, "you're amazing," she sighed.

Rory shrugged, "I know," with a smile.

"Thank you, Rory," Paisley smiled, genuinely, knowing Rory had picked up on more than just needing a girls drunken night.

Rory's smile softened, kindly, "of course, Pais."

-