chapter 1<3

august 3rd, 1996

y/ns POV

-

today was the day, my brothers huge graduation party, my dad went all out on this one, I was pretty excited for the most of it, espcially seeing angella jones, my bff, and of course seeing oscar diaz, the guy ive liked since 6th grade, he was tall, handsome and very kind, of course im excited for my brother too but.. im mostly excited to see Oscar.

-

it was 12pm when I put on my outfit, a pink top and skirt and my denim jacker, I brushed my y/h/c (your hair color) hair and put it into a half up half down style using my pastel pink scrunchie, I put on my white converse and went downstairs, the only people that were here was dads best friend, Robert evans, and his family, his daughters were really sweet and ive always bonded with them, me and his older son, chris, are in the same classes, he was weird but who am I to judge? I never talk to chris, his younger son was more social, we talked sometimes but we weren't that close, I said hi to mrs. and mr. evans and went to get a bottle of water, I sat down next to shana evans, we were the closest, I asked her about her day and complemented her outfit, then carly came we talked a bit more until my brother came downstairs, I excused myself to go hug him.

"oh my god y/b/n you finally graduated, im so happy for you" I said enthusiastically 

"I know right oh my godd" he said " anyways im gonna go get a drink wanna come?"

"no thank you y/b/n, im good, plus I know scott is gonna be there" you said while winking, you always knew your brother had feelings for scott, but ever since your brother came out you were sure of it, you always wanted them to get together

"wish me luck" your brother added

right as he said that sentence your mother came downstairs dressed beautifully, she was wearing a pair of dark, loose jeans, a tight red long sleeve shirt and black shoes, she had her hair blowdried as usual, and her natural makeup looked better than ever.

"wow mamá te ves genial" you said to your mom

*wow mom you look great*

"gracias cariño, así que" she added

*thank you honey, so do you*

you smiled then walked over sitting on the couch next to chris, who was watching fresh prince, it was always awkward between you because you had nothing in common and he was always very shy, exept on stage, he was an outstanding actor.

you decided to start a conversation to get to know him better

"hey" you said to the blond boy next to you

"hey y/n" 

"whats up?"

"nothing" he added while being dry as usual

"nice" you said while nodding your head "what are you watching?" you asked knowing the answer damn well cause fresh prince was your favorite

"fresh prince" he said answering your question "ever watched it before?"

"yeah its my favorite" you said while smiling

"then whyd you ask what i was watching if its ur favorite?" he added before letting out a chuckle

" trying to keep the conversation going" you added while smiling even more, you thought to yourself 'wow maybe he isn't as weird as I thought he was'

"you look n-" chris was trying to say before the doorbell rang

"ill get it" you shouted

chris's POV

-

when y/n came down to sit next to me I got butterflies in my stomach, ive had a crush on her for the longest time, but she doesn't seem to pay much attention to me, she started a conversation and I was a but dry but its the most I can do when talking to the woman of my dreams, she asked about the show but I know it was her favorite and she wouldn't have to ask to know I was watching fresh prince, secretly I hoped that she was saying that to continue the conversation, so when she said she was, I secretly freaked out, I was about to tell her she looked nice but the bell rang, for fucks sake chris, why does this always happen to you.