29

She let out a loud laugh, then reached past me to grab something. When she sat back up, she had a folded piece of paper in her hand. "I'm guessing this is for you. It was on the pillow," she said, nodding towards the pillow next to my own. I took it from her, confused as to what it was. I opened the paper and smiled at what was written inside, feeling my heart swell with love. "I would have loved to have you resting on my chest forever, but I needed to get home and help Sam. I left my heart with you so take care of it until I see you tomorrow. I love you always and forever. Colby," I read aloud. Kenzie sighed dreamily as I held the letter to my chest. "You've really got Colby Brock writing you love letters. This is the most romantic thing I've ever seen. The Notebook who? I only know Colby and Terra." "Shut up," I giggled. "You're right though. I never dreamed this would happen in a million years. How did I get so lucky?" "Stop rubbing it in," she laughed, holding her hand over her heart. "Us single people can't deal with all the love. It hurts," she joked. I shook my head, grinning at here. "You're gonna find someone Kenz. I promise. You're amazing and I love you." She rolled her eyes at me, and stood up. "Come on, Brennen and Sarah ordered pizza. It should be here soon. We're eating outside by the pool." I managed to throw my blankets back and stand up on my own. Kenzie stood close by, letting me do it myself, but close enough to help if I needed her. She passed me my cane, then linked her arm through mine. "Kenz, I can walk by myself. I'll be okay. "She shrugged." Don't care. I'm only doing this so I can lead you to the mirror. Your hair is a mess girl. Something needs to happen," she said, grabbing my brush off my dresser. She started running it through my hair, letting my arm go. I stood there silently, but a little annoyed. "I can do this myself too Kenz. I'm not helpless," I snapped after a few minutes. "T, just shut up and let me do this. You know I love playing with people's hair." I sighed again, exaggeratedly, but I shut up. I knew she was just trying to help and I had already done more than I was used too today. She finished up my hair, and put my brush back down on the dresser. "Finally. Can I walk now? "I asked wryly. She smiled." Sure, go right ahead ma'am." I glared at her for a second before moving my cane with my weaker leg, and walked towards the back door, where everyone would be. Kenzie followed close behind, and held the door for me when I opened it. "Thanks," I muttered, going through. The time when I was fully healed and could stop having everyone hover over me all the damn time, couldn't come fast enough. This was so annoying and I wasn't sure how much longer I could take it. "We just love you T," Kenz whispered to me as she closed the door behind us. "I know Kenzie. And I love you guys so much for always being beside through this...it just gets so frustrating not being able to do things by myself. Always having someone right beside me, hovering, just in case. I feel like I'm suffocating sometimes." I sat down slowly in one of the lounge chairs that was by the pool, next to Sarah, who was already outside. Actually everyone was. Brennen was sitting on a camping chair next to Sarah, and Denise was laid out on the other side of him in her own lounge chair. "I really do appreciate you guys though Kenz. I love you," I whispered, as Kenz made sure that I was comfortable and didn't need anything. She grinned at me. "We love you too T. You'd do the same for us. We're just happy that you're still with us. It was scary for a while." I nodded, and bit my lip, thinking of how they must have felt while I was in a coma. If it had been one of them, I would have been so worried and frustrated that there was nothing that I could do to help. I understood why they were hovering over me a little better now. "Okay, enough mushy stuff, pass me the pizza!" I exclaimed, reaching my arms straight out and making a grabbing motion with my hands. Brennen laughed, piled three slices of extra cheese pizza on a styrofoam plate and handed it over to me. "Here," Sarah said, handing me a Dr. Pepper from a small cooler that was on the other side of her. I settled back in my chair, and started to eat my pizza, staring up at the sky and my surroundings as I did. It was a beautiful day, the sky as blue as it could be with big white cotton candy clouds, and a slight breeze that kept it from being too hot. Denise was controlling the music and had Pretty HeartBreak"s 'MadHatter' blaring through the little surround speaker that was bluetoothed to her phone. I listened to the random chatter that was coming from the others, but wasn't really paying attention. Instead, I was thinking of Colby, the way his blue eyes would light up when he laughed, how soft his lips were when he pressed them against my own, and the way my fingers always itched to push his hair back from his forehead just to have him shake it back down automatically. I smiled to myself, and took another bite of pizza. I really was a lucky girl. "Earth to Terra. Are you there??" Sarah's voice broke through my thoughts, yanking me back to reality. "Huh?" I answered, looking over to her. "Oh, you were thinking about Colby. I can see it in your face," she replied, shaking her head with a smile. "How can you possibly know what I'm thinking about by the look on my face?" I scoffed.