Chapter 6

"Cut the crap Tobias!" Blake snapped, as we followed Tobi to a more secluded area of the party. The last thing he wanted was for this to spiral out of control.

Tobias ran a frustrated hand through his wet locks as he came to a stop, glaring tentatively at Blake.

"Would you buzz off?" He snapped at Blake, who for the past 20 minutes have been screaming profanities at him.

"No! You're a real assho-"

"Blake-" I gripped her shoulders, stopping her. "-it's okay." I assured her.

Blake rolled her eyes and reluctantly stepped back giving us a little privacy but it didn't stop her from giving Tobi a disgusted look.

Tobi rolled his eyes in return. "Real mature."

"Tobi-" I snapped, gaining his attention right away. He seemed taken aback by my tone but tried not to show it nevertheless and he immediately soften his gaze towards me.

"I'm sorry." He mumbled, nervously running a hand through his wet hair. He seemed to do that a lot.

" For what exactly?" I questioned, ignoring his apology. "Being the worst boyfriend or causing me to go into a coma?" I challenge.

I figured getting straight to the point was a good angle to start at.

Tobi gave me an agape look. " Woah there short stuff-" He raised his voice then looked around cautiously and quickly easing it down. "—that wasn't my fault."

I have him a "really" look.

"Then what happened?" I asked. " You was the last person I was seen with." I accused him.

He looked at me in disbelief.

"-are you serious right now Genesis?" He asked, his voice held confusion. His deep blue eyes searching my face. Probably wondering what has gotten into me.

I didn't answer.

Tobi stepped back realizing that I was serious, shaking his head and laughed sarcastically. " -I can't fucking believe this shit."

His behavior was confusing me. I didn't know what he made of everything I said to him but he clearly didn't like me questioning him one bit.

"What happened that night Tobi?" I pressed.

Tobi turned away dragging a frustrated hand down his face, then quickly turned around closing in on me. He wasn't laughing anymore but a more serious scowl covered his face and I stepped back cautiously.

"Look I know I wasn't the best fucking boyfriend alright-" He snapped, then pointing at me. "-but I fucking loved you, it wasn't my fault that it wasn't good enough for your prude ass."

I flinched from his tone but nonetheless stood my ground . "I find that hard to believe."

I could tell that I was getting under his skin.
He seem agitated. From his furrowed eyebrows to his clenched jaw, he gazed at me sharply.

Was he someone I loved?

"—-your one to talk, you don't remember half the shit you've done." He hissed.

I gave him a confused look. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"-if you think for one second that you were innocent in all this you fucking wasn't!." He pointed accusingly at me. "-this is just as much your fault as it is mines!"

What?

"You're lying." My voice trembled, not wanting to believe a word he said. There was no way.