𝔣𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

fifteen | fallen

blackpink's comeback was an absolute BOP and I'm SORRY for the delay, and if there are any grammatical errors. without further ado, chapter fifteen!!!

Lisa couldn't understand it. It felt as if it was some riddle she needed to solve so it could all turn out fine for her... even if it was all fine now, or at least for now.

The room was silent when she had gotten back, Seulgi stood there a while longer to observe Mark's actions but he'd been sat at the edge of the bed, head cast down and even his hands were loose on his lap. Strangely enough, Lisa thought he'd been asking for redemption. He remained silent. Lisa made a beeline to where she would usually stay when Mark would be in the room, wordlessly kneeling to the floor and her stare would then have to avert itself down, yet ― she kept her eyes up, focused on him.

Silence reigned in the room for a long time, it hadn't been until the sun was sprawled in the mellow gold of the sunset that Mark finally raised his head to look at Lisa, who defiantly stared back at him. A part of her shook, they were her hands, and she kept them clenched atop her knees tightly. Another part of her strangely felt brave when the devil's eyes were set on her.

"... You saved me." His voice comes out in an unusual tone. Not of anything close to gratitude, or even surprise yet Lisa knew what it was ― he felt dubious of her. It showed even more with his narrowed stare. "Why?" Mark was quick to question.

Lisa didn't answer. Mark gave her time, but she still didn't. Her lips were sealed out of her own volition. "I asked why?" He pressed on the question. The girl didn't move, her gaze didn't shift nor did her mouth voice out its answer that to Mark was cryptic given her eyes weren't readable at all. No pity, no fear, no concern, nothing. It pushed him rashly to standing up with a growl.

It's funny to Lisa how it all looks so natural that Mark raises a hand and throws it across her face only to then pull her back up. Her cheeks, despite being tender from his earlier beatings, strangely didn't sting or pain her at all, it was weird to point she dragged her tongue across the side, tasting the rust of blood but not flinching upon it. God, she muses, how much have I been through for me to not care?

"Answer me!" Her eyes don't leave him. Lisa thinks Mark looks desperate ― but why? Why would the oh, so powerful Mark be desperate? For what? For her answer? To know why she saved him when yes, the opportunities of running away were right in the open, and why didn't she reach for them.

Lisa feels something she never felt before: Control. Control over someone. Control over Mark. And even how it made him mad that she wouldn't give him an answer, knowing how used he was to getting everything he asked for and needed. Lisa connects it all to the fact that she saw his weak point, and showing her that is true you should reveal your weakness to anyone. Just as her weakness was Renjun, Mark's weakness was his past. He hadn't been the devil at all, that gave her more reason to not be scared of him, but that did not, by any means, signify she didn't fear him.

Lisa did fear Mark. He could kill her, that's a fact and not just being said for show. But Lisa did not fear Mark as much as before.

He was human too. And in a way, she thinks they are similar with their past haunting them.

Mark still looks desperate, angered, but he doesn't raise his hand a second time. Lisa doesn't tell him her answer no matter what, as she thinks what worth would it be if she did? But perhaps it had been more that she saved him out of pity. She wouldn't say it was out of the goodness in her heart, because it wasn't. Lisa would be lying to say that the thought of opportunity ran through her mind the moment she saw Mark croak out he wasn't able to breathing, Lisa could easily leave him to die there from hyperventilation but there would be too many faults in her abrupt plan that would deal in her having to take care of them later on that could result in the end of her life and Renjun's.