Oneshot Zen #2

Ben's P.O.V :

I stared up at Zoe's dorm room wall as we both laid on her bed side-by-side. It was around midnight and we both just laid there in silence. In the silence, I could hear the raindrops falling on the academy roof. It created this tired and weird vibe around Zoe's room. Normally, when there's a rainy night, I like to cuddle up on my bed and read. Nerdy I know. But I loved every second of it. Tonight, however, Zoe invited me over to watch movies with her. She just got a new Netflix account and wanted to experience it with a friend. I asked her why she didn't invite mike and she said that she tried but apparently, he fell asleep and didn't answer her calls. I- of course- came. After watching 2 movies we got bored. But Zoe's dorm was so cozy I didn't want to leave yet. Zoe was so happy that I decided to hang around a little longer. We started talking and laughing about random things going on in our lives. We especially made fun of teachers. That leads us to our current state. Silence. We didn't exactly run out of things to talk about, we just decided that the silence is relaxing. 

But soon, Zoe spoke up. " Hey......do you just ever feel like...." she didn't finish. I could see that she was struggling to find the right words to explain. "Like life is so weird? Like your just floating in space trying to find your way to the ground?" I asked trying to guess her words. Zoe smiled at me. " Yeah," she said. "Well, then yes. I do sometimes feel like that." I replied. Zoe laughed. "I do too Ben." I smiled to myself. And before I knew what I was saying I blurted out " I love talking to you. You seem to understand everything and make it better." I waited for Zoe's reply. "I love talking to you as well. Everything just makes sense with you." As soon as she said that I felt a stupid smile stretch across my face as a warm feeling circled inside of me.

ZOE P.O.V :

I looked over at Ben who was smiling like an idiot. I faced back up to the ceiling and smiled to my self as well. I reached for Ben's hand when I felt something soft around his arm. I was confused so I grabbed his wrist and raised his hand to get a better look. 

It was a velvet scrunchie.

But not just any velvet scrunchie, it was MY velvet scrunchie. The same one I gave to ben 3 months ago. The same one he said he'd never wear because it was girly. I grinned at myself. "Ben, what is THIS?" I said as I raised his wrist to show him. Ben looked at me as his eyes widened. "It's not what it looks like.. I would never," he said as he shot up. I looked at him and saw that his face was red. He backed up against the wall and buried his face in one of my decorative pillows. I then sat up. "Ben I know that's my scrunchie. And I thought you said you'd never wear it. So why are you?" I asked him curiously. "Ummm....because I thought it would hurt your feeling if I didn't wear it so I did." Ben blurted as he played with my pillow. But I knew he was lying. "Benjamin Ripley do not lie to me," I said crossing my arms. "Fine" he huffed. He looked at his fingers as he said "I was lying to you. I wore your scrunchie every day since you gave it to me. It was like my good luck charm. It made me feel safe and happy. Probably because it reminds me of you." He then paused before continuing. "It also smells like you," he said as he blushed once more.  

He looked up at me as soon as he was done and before I knew it I was smiling stupidly as he had. I crawled over to him and hugged him as I smiled. Ben looked confused but didn't hesitate to hug me back. " Awwww, Ben. Your so cute." I squealed as I hugged him even tighter.  Ben looked at me confused. "Wait your not creeped out?" "No! Of course not!" I said. I was, in fact really happy. Ben smiled at me. "Oh okay," he said. He then looked at his phone screen and his eyes went wide. "Zoe it's 1 a.m." I looked over at my phone and saw that it was, in fact, 1 a.m. "Umm...Ben, I think you should get going." I said in a haste. "Yeah" Ben agreed as he hopped off my bed. When he stood up he brushed his pants and looked at me. "Do you mind opening the door?" My cheeks went a little red. "No of course not" I replied as I unlocked my door. 

Ben walked outside and turned around to face me. "That was fun," he said smiling at me. I returned his smile and said, "yeah it was." Ben looked around the hall then faced back at me. "Well bye," he said. "Bye," I replied. 

I then kissed his cheek. It was really fast. And before Ben could say anything I shut my door.  

Ben P.O.V :

She kissed me.

Well not really, but it was something. 

I smiled to myself as I made my way down the hall and to the flight of stairs. As I made my way upstairs to the boy's dorm area I whispered something under my breath.  

"I love you"