20

''You could have been killed Harry! He had a sword pressed to your forehead, with one simple flicker he could have penetrated your skull!'' Her voice was so worried and high-pitched, her eyebrows so close together that little wrinkles could be drawn between them, yet, her hold on Harry's wrist was so gentle that it made his heart swell.

He couldn't help but smile at poor Amelia, at how worried she was over him that she hadn't stopped nagging him about it the whole way to the bathroom. She huffed out little puffs of air and her wild auburn eyes resembled something of a burning fire within her, and Harry was a goner for her beauty.

''I would never let you be in danger, Amelia.'' Harry spoke, his voice low and tender just how she liked it, a sound which was made just for her and her eager heart.

''I wasn't in danger, you were the one with a sword pointed at your forehead!'' She made her point, her cheeks puffed out and swollen, chubbier than they usually were, such sight making the alpha smile to himself.

Shaking his head, he replied. ''Amelia, no matter what is pointed at who, if there's danger in a room in which you're present, you could get hurt, caught in the crossfire. I won't allow that.''

Something flashed in her eyes, recognition perhaps or maybe even something more familiar than that. Aside from everything, Amelia was most definitely shaken up by what had happened and all the new information now laying inside her brain. All of what she knew was an illusion to keep a new world hidden before her own eyes, with creatures more majestic than any tale could tell. Harry, who she learnt was someone meant to do great things and rule a kingdom she never knew existed, and the little ginger was no other than the person who was meant to be by his side through it all.

She only knew Harry for a few months but she couldn't deny that the strong pull she felt towards him on that first night, it was something that she had never experienced before, never had a boy interested her so much just by their gazes locking together. Perhaps that's what Fay had meant by the magical bond, something given to two individuals which connected their paths and traced their destiny up until the point where they meet. Both of their souls seemed to be connected for years and such thing was impossible, or at last, it should be. Amelia didn't know what she believed was impossible anymore.

''You talk as if you would protect me with your life.'' She replied with a softer tone, her hesitant gaze meeting his as they walked through the large hall.

The walls were covered in gentle green tones adorned by golden specks, large arched windows illuminating every single corner of the hallway, armors displayed along the walls, each holding different weapons and the design of the armor in itself also diverged. A hand-made white carpet held beautiful flower designs and almost made it look as if the couple was afloat and entering in a magical, unknown world. In all honesty, they were.

''I would, Amelia.'' Was his only, quiet response. ''In a heartbeat.''

Despite how quiet it had been, the force it held was intense and bigger than Amelia would have thought. It didn't lack feelings and was reassured in authority, something the ginger had come to like about the curly boy during their time together. Harry was very passionate, he gave himself fully to what he loved without fearing getting lost in the way.

''...You're going to make me blush.'' She shyly huffed, blinking rather quickly to try and cover her embarrassment and how his words made her heart race furiously in her chest.

''That's exactly what I want.'' Grinning down at his girl, he licked his lower lick smugly.

Amelia rolled her eyes playfully. ''You and your sweet talk.''

''Thank you, it's a charm.'' Smirking, he raised an eyebrow, ultimately enjoying to tease the ginger while she simply chuckled and opened a door to what he assumed was the bathroom.