Morning kisses

Sheets rustle with your movement, alerting Johnny to the fact that you're beginning to wake up. His arm instinctively tightens around your middle, never wanting you far from him. You smile, eyes still closed as you feel yourself being pulled back towards him, his palm pressed firmly to your lower back. Like you, his eyes are still closed, reveling only in the feel of you so close to him, your body heat a welcomed contrast to the otherwise cool temperature of the room.

Words, incoherent and mumbled bubble up from his chest, spilling out past his lips in syllables and sounds that make not a lick of sense to you, but make you laugh softly none the less. Johnny's hand seeks you out, palm settling now against your cheek, thumb dipping down beneath your chin to tilt your head up as his own lowers, lips meeting in a good morning kiss. Neither of you pay mind to the others' sour breath, this morning ritual of yours is far more important to the two of you.

His lips move lazily against your own, the occasional grumble of disapproval at having to rouse from his slumber slipping through, making you smile into the kiss. He knows as well as you do that eventually he'll have to be up and out the door to your chambers soon enough, but for now, you'll revel in this; revel in him and all he has to offer before he goes.

Credit: crimsoncomradeposts