Ch 7. The Fence

"As Dauntless, we fight to protect every life inside the fence, without fail. That's why we train you the way we do. To teach you not to give up." Four said to us as we're on an moving train. "And to find out who has what it takes. Even though it's been quiet out there for years, that can change at any moment. So we have to be ready for everything."

We got off the train at the end of the line. I followed behind everyone not wanting to be in the front or middle of them. Then we walked up stairs of fence, only an few people at a time.

I looked at what's already there, and I smile. My old faction Amity farming.

"What's out there?" The girl who was the first jumper asked.

"Monsters." Someone else said, maybe Christina.

"Amity farms." An guy said.

"No, I know. But beyond that?" The first jumper asked.

"Places that never recovered from the war." Someone else said.

"Do you know?" The first jumper asked Four.

"Let's just say they built their fence for a reason." Four answered her.

"Do you know what's out Lilly?" Peter asked me whispering into my right ear.

"I-i don't know." I whispered answering his question. I can my face turning red.

"So, why was you smiling? It is because of you seeing our old faction or it is because of me?" Peter asked whispering again.

"B-because of my old faction." I answered him he push some of the hair behind my right ear.

"It's time to go back!" Four yelled. Then we walked down the stairs and got on the train. Peter chose to stand next to me on the train going back to Dauntless, his right hand was holding my left hand while he talked to his friends and I stayed quiet.

But I wonder why was he holding my hand? Then everyone jumped off the train and on the roof. Then about twenty minutes later most of us was in the pit of eating some food. But I went to the dorm room, I was feeling tired and wanted to sleep.

"Hey Lilly why are in here and not around other people?" I heard Peter walking into the dorm room.

"I'm just tired and wanted to sleep." I whispered and turn around to look at him. He walked closer to me.

"Well I'm kinda tired too Lilly, so I'm just gonna stay here with you." He said then took off shirt. I turned away, my face turning red again. "So, Lilly do you miss your old faction?"

"Sometimes." I whispered, he wrapped his arms around me and rest  his head on my left shoulder. "Do you miss yours?"

"Not really." He said and lay down on my bed pulling me down with him.

"Peter, I thoug-" I whispered and he pulled me closer.

"Lilly, just go to sleep, I'll stay here with you. Just relax and go to sleep." He whispered into my ear. And about ten minutes later, we're both asleep.