Chapter 29

Nikki POV

The preparations were going just well. I managed to complete my end of the bargain, Sadam finished the portraits left and Quinton managed to do two portraits. Coaching them has made me realise that I did indeed learn a lot from Kane. From the way he showed me how to mix colour, how to differentiate between cartooned and realistic features.

The invitation cards had already been sent out. Each one of us had five invitation cards, and we could invite anyone of our choice. This was a hard selection for me because I wanted all the people I love to attend the event.

“So Nikki, who are you going to invite?” Kane asked.

We were driving back from the venue. We went there to make sure that everything was being carefully prepared for Friday which was the big day for all of us.

“My mom, Izzy, Nate and Will just not sure if I should invite my mother’s boyfriend or invite a friend of mine Larissa. She’s the one that gave me an eye opener in terms of deciding which career path to take.” I said.

“Sounds like a tough call, but don’t forget the instruction says that only parents and you guys are allowed to bring a partner. So your mom’s boyfriend can be her date.” He said.

“Oh yes so Will is going to be my date and I will be able to invite all my friends then.” I said.

“Yep.” He said.

“I’ll invite T. I hope he will come.” I said.

“Is your mom the only family you have?” he asked.

“Yeah, her aunt the woman that raised her, disowned her after she was pregnant with me.” I said.

“They haven’t spoken since?” he asked.

“No.” I said.

“Alright then. Look if you have more people you want to invite we can work something out.” He said.

“Nah no need Kane but thank you.” I said.

We finally reached campus. Kane dropped me off by my residence block then left. Campus was quiet and peaceful, most of the students had already left for the holidays.

Izzy was going to leave after the event and so was Nate. I wasn’t sure about T, he has been distant. Eventually had to call T and tell him about the invitation, so that I can look for someone else if he’s not keen on coming. I reached the room and there was a gift box on top of my bed. It was a black box wrapped with a silver ribbon.

I looked at Izzy who had her headphones on, looked like she was watching a movie on her laptop.

I examined the box without touching it.

“Open it already, been waiting for you to come back. I also want to see what’s inside.” Izzy said excitedly.

“Who brought it here?” I asked.

“It was a delivery guy. I signed on your behalf.” She said.

“Do you think someone is playing a prank on me? Do you think Hailey is the one that sent it?” I asked.

“Nah I doubt. This gift box shouts expensive by just looking at it. Besides it’s going to be your big day soon maybe it’s someone giving you an early gift.” She said.

“Well in that case let’s see what’s inside. Oh look, there’s a note.” I said opening it.

‘This is for being the best girlfriend ever.