Chapter 20: Ryannnnn

The is a gay chapter cause I need more fluff and love in my life lmao
Sorry it's been so long but let me know if you want another camp camp story or something

I'd had been two years now since Max lived with David. He was 16 now and pretty well adjusted. James still didnt live with David, but they were definitely dating now. It was already June and david was more hyper then usual as he cleaned up around the house.

Max came home from school immediately heading for Lyra who was laying on her back in her new cat tree that Max and David had made together for her a few months back. She never went very high but she was almost always in it.

"Hey Max! How was school? Did you do anything fun?"

"We learned about space today which wasnt a total waste.." He was pretty calm now that hed gotten used to Davids hyper demeanor. "Like how the northern lights are made with solar winds hitting our atmosphere, its super stupid that it only shows on the very top and bottom of the planet, not that wed be able to see it very well through the pollution anyway.. Oh, anyway- Ryan is staying over this weekend again. Just a heads up."

"This weekend..? Oh, did he want to come with us?"

"Us? Were we... Going somewhere..?"

"Well James and I made plans to go to the parade this year, and you didnt say no when we asked if youd join us. You dont have too of course, but I think youd have fun. He can come too if he wants?"

"Parade..? Like... When the town makes floats and screams about nonsense?"

"Well not really, this one is more, more of-" James came in at the perfect time, yeah, he has a key too now~

"Oh good, James is better at describing it anyway he goes every year- James tell Max about the parade while I finish up please?"

"Alright, I can do that"

"Why is David acting more skiddish then usual..?"

"Why dont we go put your stuff away in your room, well talk in there"

Max nodded and went to his room shrugging off his backpack and hanging it on his desk chair. James took a seat st the edge of his bed and Max followed sitting beside him.

"Max, I know you know how scary it can be, to be different and feel well.. Less important to the people who were supposed to give you unconditional love."

Max tensed up a little, nodding. "So.. Is he scared of going alone or something?"

James shook his head, "Its not that. Pride is an event that happens about this time every year. It's this big party for those people who want to feel like they belong and like they're not alone. David was in a similar situation to yours, I mean theres a lot of differences, it wasnt really the same- But in the sense the his parents were less then kind about a lot of things he was dealing with."

"Ohhhh I know what pride is! Zander and his brother Nathan are going, they said something about it yesterday in art I think. They said theres lots of music and food, it sounded pretty fun"

James nodded, "Yeah, it's not a hard concept to grasp."

"So David's parents were mean because...?"

"Because he likes guys too. And some people arent smart enough to understand that"

Max nodded, "Yeah.. My uh... Parents, used to say nasty things like that. So.. why does that matter now, he has you and gets to do whatever he wants?"

"Theres a saying Max. 'The axe forgets but the tree remembers.' It means that even though the ones who did the hurting may move on or even forget, the one who got hurt still feels it for a long long time after. So even though it's been a very long time, when it gets close to this time he gets a little antsy about it, all those 'what if's coming back."