❝ chapter six ❞

|• Zonnique •|

' t w o w e e k s l a t e r

"Come on," Jordan nudged me with his elbow. "Smile for me."

I've gotten closer to Jordan these past two weeks. I won't lie and say I don't like him a little and I don't enjoy spending my time with him. Because I really do. I moved in with Chresanto the day after Kevin left with Jayden. Since then, I barely communicate with people. I had my wall high up again.

I looked at him. "Why?"

"You look beautiful smiling." He told me.

"I don't see the point anymore," I shrugged.

"I know you're hurting," He leaned cupped my hands with his. "But, don't let it affect you. I need you to be stronger so you can do whatever you can do to get your son back. I'll help if you need any." I look down at our hands and did a small smile. "There we go," Jordan smiled widely. "There's the smile I was looking for."

I chuckled. "Shut up."

"Don't give up every time something doesn't go your way, Nique." He told me.

"Thanks," I nodded, smiling a little. "You know what to say."

"I know, I get that a lot." He smirked at me.

I playfully hit his chest. "Don't get conceited on me." I stood up and stretched a little. "I should probably head home. Chresanto said he found the perfect job for me."

He nodded and stood up also. "I'll see you whenever."

I did a small nod and he pulled me in a hug. When we pulled away, I waved at him and walk out of his house. I drove home, Chresanto's mansion, and parked my car in the driveway.

"Hey," I said, lowly when I entered.

He sipped on slurpy. "So, when am I gonna meet this Jordan guy?"

"You wanna meet him?"

He shrugged. "Yeah."

"Well, whenever you're both free." I shrugged lightly. "We're not dating, if that's what you're getting at."

He raised his hands up in surrender. "The thought never even crossed my mind."

I nodded and we both sat on a couch in the large living room. "I spoke to this guy yesterday; he's looking for a fresh, new face to model for his magazine. I told him about you and he would like to meet you."

"Modeling?"

He nodded. "Yeah, but you don't have to do it if you don't like it. I'm just trynna help you find a job or something to do."

I shook my head. "No, it's fine. I would love to meet up with him and talk to him to see where it goes."

He smiled. "Alright. I'll give him a call later."

"Thank you." I bit my bottom lip. "For all of this."

"No need to thank me," He chuckled. "Just trynna help a f-friend out." He stood up. "Bahja and them are coming today and spend there rest of the week here."

I frowned. "Oh."

"Is there something wrong?"

I shook my head. "N-No. Everything's fine."

He slowly nodded. "I'mma go get ready to pick them at the airport."

"Okay."

I was nervous; kind of. I haven't seen Jacob and Ray for months and Bahja still won't talk to me. I haven't talked to Destin ever since I moved here. The only real friend I have left is Jana. Nia is in New Orleans with her family. We talk on the phone from time to time.