Chapter Twenty: Mutiny

Violet awoke to the sound of the six o'clock bell. Mike sat in the floor unconscious, his head leaned back and resting on her thigh. She sat up gingerly, checking her shoulder. The bandages were damp with blood, her skin sore with slow healing. Mike lifted his head and stretched, looking around the security office. The two heard Iris unlock the door and enter.
  "Mike?" He called. Mike cringed, looking up at Violet. She looked green with nausea at the thought of confronting Iris. The two stood and dusted themselves off, passing the air vent and screws on the black and white tiled floor outside the doorway.

  Iris was standing in the center of the dining room, his eyes fixed on the taped camera. Mike entered carefully, the oncoming storm palpable in the dining hall. Iris's eyes fell from the camera to him to Violet... his face soured.
  "What are you doing here?" He snapped, his face reddening. Violet straightened.
  "I came to fix the animatronics," she informed, "free of charge." Iris's eyes narrowed on the blood on her arm. He shook his head, tutting.
  "Oh... you just couldn't listen could you?" He growled, turning away. Violet and Mike exchanged glances. "What are you going to do now? Sue me for negligence?"
  "No," Violet denied, "I'm going to fix the animatronics."
  "There's nothing to fix," Iris hissed, "watch the footage, you'll see that you're disillusioned-!"
  "The footage was tampered with," Violet interrupted, "I rewatched everything before I left. It's all the same tape isn't it? Do the cameras even record anymore?" She crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow.
  "Seeing as how you're no longer an employee at Freddy Fazbear's, nor are you a patron, friend, or family member, I must ask you to leave or I will call the police on you for loitering." He turned to Mike sharply. "As for you-!"
  "Mike was just doing his job," Violet interrupted.
  "He allowed someone to break in," Iris snapped, "that's the exact opposite of his job."
  "The exact opposite would be hurting someone," Violet argued hotly, "which is better than what you're doing." Iris froze.
  "What, pray tell, are you suggesting, Ms. Jackson?"
  "You know what she's suggesting," Mike growled, unable to contain his loathing any longer. Iris raised in eyebrow at surprised. "I found it all, Iris, I know what you did."
  "What I did?"
  "You killed them, didn't you?" Violet accused. The building went silent. Iris looked like a boiling tea pot, calm at first, but slowly heating and steaming, his face growing red and hot. Violet and Mike both recoiled as Iris began laughing, shaking his head.
  "Get out of my restaurant."
  "No!" Violet cried, blocking Mike.
  "You bitch," Iris spat, lunging forward, "I let you in my life and in my care for twenty years. That bastard of a son-in-law loved you more than his own wife, my daughter, and you have the audacity to suggest I had something to do with the death of my grandson, the only piece of her that son of a bitch left me?" He was violent now, slamming a chair aside to get to Violet. She gasped as he reached for her, Mike struggled to fight between them as a buffer. Iris threw him aside, slamming him into a table. Violet yelped as Iris grabbed her. She pulled away, trying to get as much distance between the two of them as he advanced closer and closer. Mike lifted his head, a clap ringing around the dining room as Iris's hand made contact with Violet's face, sending her to the ground. Iris's breath heaved as he continued forward.

  Foxy rushed from behind the curtain, his mouth snapping furiously as he attacked Iris, his teeth digging deep into his skin. He cried out in pain as Foxy clutched him and shook his head, digging deeper and deeper. Violet screamed in horror, Iris's blood splattering her face. Mike's face froze in disgust as Foxy began dragging Iris away, blood trailing down the checkered tile underneath him. He vanished behind the curtain in Pirate's Cove, his screams echoing around the empty establishment until he fell inhumanly silent. Mike crawled over to Violet wiping the blood off her face with his sleeve.
  "Mike-!"
  "I know."
  "Mike-!"
  "I know." Violet was shaking in shock.
  "We have to go," she managed, pale.
  "We have to find evidence to incriminate Iris first," Mike reasoned, "especially now that he... can't confess to anything." Violet closed her eyes, knowing Mike was right. She released her held breath and nodded, allowing Mike to pull her up. "With you here, the animatronics shouldn't act up," Mike explained, looking over his shoulder at them, "we'll have plenty of time to investigate." Violet gave a stiff nod.
  "I'll lock the door and close the blinds," she agreed, "you should peel the tape off the cameras.  I've got an idea."