Part 21-I'm truly, madly, crazy, deeply in love with you.

Jake POV
"I love you." I confess.

She pulls away from our hug to look me in the eyes. She looks as though she's about to say something when Maria comes in.

"Sorry didn't mean to interrupt anything we just need to get him to the station." She fidgets nervously.

"I don't understand the point of bringing him in." Amy tells us. "He has an alibi for the murder and him attempting to....."

She trails off.

"It just doesn't prove anything." She finally finishes.

"We'll just question him a little bit then let him go. Alright?" I ask her.

She nods her head.

~~~~

Once we're back at the precinct Maria questions him one more time then lets him go. Amy still hasn't said anything back to what I said to her. And I mean I get it. She's been through a lot today.

I guess I was hoping she loved me back. But it's ok if she doesn't.

"Jake? Jakey." I'm snapped out of my thoughts by Charles Boyle waving his hand in front of my face.

"Oh, hi Charles. What's up?" I ask him, leaning back in my desk chair.

"Nothing." He tells me shaking his head. "I'm just a little...... worried about you."

I give him a confused look.

"You've been through a lot Jake it's ok to be upset." He assures me.

"Oh, no. No it's just that...." I trail off. "I just...... I told Amy that I love her. And she didn't say it back."

"Oh." He breathes out.

"Ya, so I'm just a little....... bummed but I'll be fine." I tell him, standing up to go to the bathroom.

I lock myself in a stall leaning against the door and I feel tears threatening to spill out of my eyes.

'She'll never love you.'

They start to fall.

'Why didn't you believe me before?'

I wipe the them away harshly but they continue to come back.

'She made you feel special huh?'

I look up at the ceiling.

'Made you feel like you were important or something?'

I can hear my heart beating in my ears.

I leave the stall going to leave. Then Rosa walks in.

"What are you doing in here?" I ask her confused.

"Whenever Hitchcock uses the women's washroom I always come in here." She tells me eyeing my up and down. "You ok?"

"Ya, fine." I lie.

"Ya well your face says otherwise." She sighs.

I reach up and feel a few tears and wipe them away quickly.

"I'm fine." I lie again.

She walks up to me and looks me in the eyes. Then she puts a hand on my shoulder.

"If you need anyone to talk to. I'm here." She tells me.

I nod my head, leaving her.

I go back to my desk and try to get work down. But I get a little distracted by my own thoughts.