my name is kim taehyung and i'm 19 years old

my name is kim taehyung and i'm 19 years old. i've been working in a correctional facility for a year now even though i was the last person anyone would have expected to be a correctional officer.

throughout my time working in the prison, i've grown particularly close to three of my coworkers. kim namjoon, kim seokjin, and park jimin. namjoon taking on sort of a fatherly role in my life, just as jin is basically my mother. and jimin is my soulmate, my ride or die. so getting to work with them makes this job a lot more enjoyable.

something that sets us apart from the typical co and even our other coworkers is that this job, to us, is not to assert dominance over inmate. but to make a shitty situation a lot less shitty. so, we aren't too close with the other co's. they think we're a bunch some goody two shoes ass dudes when we're really just doing our jobs.

but besides not getting along well the some of the co's, i actually really like my job. our days are pretty simple and consistent.

today just happen to be the day new inmates were coming. they go through the check in process which consists of a strip search and some of which i'm not too sure of. they received their clothes and essentials before being assigned a bunk and cell.

contrary to popular belief, they're is actually a lot more freedom in prison compared to jail. you can take classes, and buy things at commissary. that is, if you have money in your account.

the co's jobs are relatively simple besides the occasional inmate acting up in which they receive a shot or time in the shu depending on the incident. we transfer inmates from place to place, search bunks (occasionally) , etc.

we rarely have to use weapons which may come as a surprise to those who aren't aware of what goes on in the prison system. and contrary to popular belief, no, inmates almost never escape. though i've only been working for a year, i've never seen or heard of an inmate escaping, nor have the other co's. which includes those who have been here for up to 30 years.

but prison isn't just serving time. it's dark. though the soap dropping thing is just a hoax and a stupid joke, the concept is very real. there is rape. there is murder. and no one is doing anything to stop it. because, let's be honest, who are they going to believe? a convicted felon, or the nice young law abiding, correctional officer?

the system is fucked and everyone knows it. but what can we do.

(sOrry this was even shorter than the last chapter.  these are just character introductions so the chapters will progressively get longer)

word count: 485

song recommendation: serotonin by: call me karizma