Knuckles the Echidna

It took me a long time to come up with the perfect plot for Knuckie, but here it is!

You're a thief here.

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~^~~~~~~~

You've stolen lots of things, but they mean nothing to you. You had your sights set on something even bigger.

The Master Emerald.

It's the one thing that you've been wanting to steal, but you had to develops a plan.

You've never seen it up close, but you've heard the stories. It lies in a temple on Angel Island, and is guarded by the last of the echidna race. You've never seen the guardian either, but you were positive that he'd be easy to get through.

You were in Angel Island, sitting on a tree beside the temple, watching the sun set. Little did you know, the guardian was watching it too.

Darkness slowly crept upon the island, the temple glowing bright. You jumped off the tree and snuck through the entrance, not seeing even a glimpse of the guardian. Your eyes widened at the beautiful huge emerald, known as the Master Emerald.

"After so long." You whispered. "I'm finally completing my dream."

You slowly reached out, touching the emerald.

"Who are you, and what do you think you're doing?" Questioned a voice behind you.

You looked at who the voice belonged to. He was a red echidna with purple eyes that glistened like jewels. He had white gloves with pointed spikes on the knuckles. The last of the echidnas. The guardian of the Master Emerald. You couldn't deny that your heart skipped a beat when you locked eyes.

"I'm not going to ask again!" He growled.

You laughed. "So you must be the guardian of this emerald? The last of the echidnas? I thought I'd have a harder time getting this baby out."

"You haven't left yet! But you will be soon, without the Master Emerald."

You scoffed. "As if." Then you walked a little closer to him, but still away from punching range. "The name's (Y/N) the (A/T), and you are?"

"I have every right not to tell you." He glared at you, but then said, "Knuckles."

You grinned. "Well then, Knuckles, how about you live up to your name, and try to fight me."

"I don't hit girls." He mumbled.

That just made your grin wider. "Oh really? I guess I'll be taking this emerald, and-" you began, but was pinned to the wall. You were overwhelmed with surprise.

"You will not take the Master Emerald. Instead, you will leave this island, and never return." He said lowly, threateningly.

Your heart was doing somersaults in your chest. 'Stop it, stupid heart!' Your mind growled, but your heart did not stop. It wasn't helping that you and Knuckles were nose to nose, your (E/C) eyes locked on his. A blush slowly crept upon your cheeks.

Knuckles' eyes seemed to soften as he slowly closed the gap between you two. You're eyes widened. His lips felt so soft and warm. When he pulled away, he seemed surprised by his own actions. He quickly backed away from you, never even glancing your way. "Go."

You didn't even wait a second after he said that. You quickly ran away, and left Angel Island.

*One Week Later*

You haven't stolen a thing since meeting the guardian of the Master Emerald. He was constantly on your mind, bugging you to no end.

You were walking down the street, not paying attention, for he was on your mind, when you bump into someone, and fall to the ground with an 'oof!'.

"I'm sorry." The person whom you've bumped into said.

"No, no. It was my fault." You tried to stand up as he bent down to help you up, and your heads bumped into each other.

You both looked at each other, and your eyes widened, for the man was Knuckles the Echidna. His eyes were wide too.

He backed away slightly as you stood up, and awkwardly said, "Hi..."

"Hi..." You said back.

You both were sent into an awkward silence, not even gazing at each other. You were staring at your shoes, and it seemed that he was doing the same.

"Why did you kiss me?" You blurted out, now looking at him.

He looked at you too. "Uh... Well... I didn't really know myself at first... but, uh, I think it's because I liked you, even though I just met you... I don't even know what came over me..."

You just stared at him, until you grabbed his hand. "Let's start over. I'm (Y/N) the (A/T)."

He smiled at you. "I'm Knuckles the Echidna."

You both walked together, talking and laughing.

You may have not captured the Master Emerald, but you captured something even better.

The guardian's heart.