2

Gert stood at the front of the class, promoting her new club about female empowerment. I, of course, wan't listening. I had better things to do with my time. I sketched and worked on my latest drawing. It was a willow tree with two people enjoying a picnic under it. The boy sitting behind me leaned forward and whispered, "That one looks nice."

I scoffed. "Shut the hell up Chase." I whispered back as I rolled my eyes. He wasn't actually complementing my drawing, he was trying to segway into a larger conversation. One I wasn't ready for today. I looked up, realizing Gert wasn't talking anymore and I picked up my backpack from the ground, ready to get to the next class. But something stopped me. Alex had come over and was talking to Chase behind me. "Wait why am I even talking to you?" Chase asked.

"Actually, I was talking to you." Alex said. "I was thinking that you might want to get together tonight. All of us. Like we used to."

"Have fun with that." I said from the table ahead.

Alex sighed. "Y/n, I wasn't talking to you, actually."

"First, don't care. Second, you would eventually. I'm just making sure I don't waste any more of my time conversing with you."

"Wait you're joking. He's joking right?" Gert came over and asked.

"I'm leaving. You two can deal with miss 'undermining the patriarchy' by yourselves." I said as I left.

I walked over to my locker, unlocking it and opening my phone. I opened wizchat and went on a little trip down memory lane. I opened the chat with Chase and scrolled up to the top. We used to be so innocent. All we worried about was whether or not I had pizza at my house. I scrolled down to the last couple conversations.

Chase: Well, you're always so clingy. I can't do anything without you being there! Just leave me the hell alone!

Y/n: Says the lacrosse player with daddy issues. You hardly ever spend time with me anymore. It's all sports and parties. At least I make an effort!

Chase: You never know when to stop, do you. You're just a girl that thinks she's so tough but she's not! You can't go one minute without validation, can you.

Y/n: That's it. I'm done with you. Delete my number right now. We're over.

2 days later

Chase: Y/n, can we please talk?

Chase: Please I'm sorry I didn't mean any of it.

Chase: Why aren't you even reading my messages?

Chase: Come on, Y/n answer me.

Chase: Fine. Ignore me then I don't care!

Chase: Please. I know I was a douche. I'm sorry. Please just answer?

Chase: Y/n, please

I clicked off my phone and shook my head. I flinched as Chase punched the locker next to mine, his. I rolled my eyes and asked. "Oh no! Did one of the douches on your lacrosse team lose his head up his ass?"

"What's your problem, Y/n? What do you have against me?"

I laughed out of my nose. "I don't know. Maybe the fact that you're the biggest jerk that ever walked the planet or that you ruined the only good thing in my life? Yeah, I really don't know." I walked off, leaving him frozen in place. 

Yeah, he definitely knew what I had against him.