22. What Do We Do Now?

TWENTY-TWO WHAT DO WE DO NOW?

◥✥◤

Somehow, Norman kept ending up surrounded by Pogues. After a hearty amount of time spent crying, Norman pulled himself together just in time for Kie to call him for a group meeting at John B's place. With a sigh, he pulled up outside the house even though that was the absolute last place he wanted to be considering recent events. Sure, maybe John B didn't hate him, but things weren't exactly peachy for the two boys either. However, Alisha was mad at him and according to Kie, Norman could do no wrong and he needed that support right now.

"Jeez, what happened to you?" JJ asked as Norman stepped out of his car looking worse for wear. Sure, he could wear a half-unbuttoned floral button up and Tom Ford sunglasses and look just like any other Kook, but as soon as he lifted his sunglasses onto his head, it was painfully obvious that he had been crying.

He sniffled, "Allergies. If you guys are gonna call me over here for so many meetings, why not just tell me to stick around? I know I can afford the gas money, but the going back and forth is killing me."

JJ shrugged, "Don't live on Figure Eight, then you won't have to drive all the way down to the ghetto. Hope you got insurance before those windows get smashed, bro."

"Shut up, JJ," Kiara hushed as she walked over and slung her arm over Norman's shoulders. Of course, she was on her tip-toes, but the small side hug was appreciated. "Besides, this one wasn't planned, it was John B's idea and I thought that... well... everyone should be here."

"Since when am I included in everyone?" Norman scoffed.

"Since John B and Kiara fell in love with you," Pope told him with a small smile, "And you've been kind of a help throughout this whole thing, so there's that."

"Okay, okay, can we just get to the point?" John B asked, interrupting everybody as he didn't even acknowledge Norman's presence. For someone that didn't hate him, he sure as hell was good at acting like he did. He was kind of sick of things being so hot and cold with John B. Norman wished he just knew a sliver of what was going on in that boy's head, maybe things would be just a little bit easier then. But no, no such luck. It was then that Norman noticed Sarah sitting quietly on the couch, almost as if she was scared to interrupt the conversation. After a moment, Norman waved to the girl.

Kie sighed, "Yeah, what did you need to talk to us about?"

"Okay, so, like, you know how Sarah helped us get the plat map and helped me find the letter and got me into the archives and everything? I just think that it's only fair that she come with us to get the gold tonight."

"No effing way," Kie exclaimed barely even letting him finish his sentence. "You brought her here? So what? She's in on this now?"

Pope shook his head, muttering, "I dunno."