Chapter Nine- Hurt

You stirred in your sleep as you slowly became more and more awake. Your vision was blurry at first until the object in front of you cleared after blinking a few times. And object was it? More like...

"Hi." Shalnark says with a smile, lying in the bed in front of you, staring into your soul intently.

Started, you yelp and try to get up and back away. Only for the top of your head to hit Uvo's jaw and we woke up with a groan.

"The hell..?" He muttered, grabbing his jaw and then looking at Shal. Then he backed away and out of the bed, falling to the floor with a thud.

"Wow guys, I'm offended." Shalnark says with a hint of hurt in his voice.

"Sorry, just wasn't expecting you to be that close." You answer as you sit up, the oversized shirt you were wearing covering your body. Looking down at it you realized... 'This is Uvo's shirt.'

"I arrived here about ten minutes ago and Hisoka asked me to wake you up. Saying he 'couldn't bring himself to do it.' At first I thought it was a joke but now I know why." Shalnark smiled even wider at you. "So how is he?"

"Shal that's not-" you began, glancing at Uvo as he sat up, still holding his jaw. It made you wonder how hard your skull hit it. It kinda helped answer that you were developing a headache. "Never mind..."

He chuckled before placing his hands on his hips. "Well- a welcome back would be nice."

"Yeah yeah..." You waved your hand dismissively, still too tired to deal with the blonde. "Can you get out so I can get dressed?"

He nods before stepping out of the room and shutting the door.

As you stand, you say, "Sometimes I wonder how you guys deal with each other." 

Uvo gave out a low chuckle and you could hear him stand and step over to you. While you tried to pick out clothes, he hugged you from behind which made you smile.

"Uvo, not now..." You say quietly and he lets out a somewhat annoyed huff before getting dressed himself.

You sat at the table, a mug of coffee in your hands, warming them up.

You were cold without Uvo...

The thought made you smile as you took a sip of the heated beverage.

"If you're going to keep doing that during our lessons, I'll have Chrollo swap me with Feitan." Hisoka crossed his arms as he sat on the counter.

"Sorry..." You mumble and he just rolls his eyes and turns to Shalnark. "How was your mission?"

"Successful." The blonde replies. "I'd tell you more but I'm not supposed to give details."

Just then Uvo walked out to join the group. Shalnark looked right at you and wiggled his eyebrows.

"By the way, I'm taking over for a while. You can leave whenever." Shalnark informs and Hisoka smiles, seemingly more than happy to get to leave.

A few weeks of training went by and it turns out you were a Manipulator (fun, yes?). Ironic because then you'd be stuck with Shalnark and his third-wheel attitude even longer. Any time you wanted to be alone with Uvo, he'd barge in. It took quite a bit of prying to keep him away for ten minutes. On one of the rare ocassions where it worked...

You found yourself tracing the spider tattoo on Uvo's back as he was lying on his side, catching his breath.

"You alright?" You asked.

"Yeah, just give me a moment..."

"Really worn out this time, huh?" You teased, able to tell that he rolled his eyes. When hearing no reply, you laughed quietly and grabbed your underwear, slipping them on and grabbing a shirt to put on over it. "I've been meaning to ask you something."

"What is it Angel?" He asks as he sat up, pulling the blanket up higher.

"I was talking to Shal-"

"Uh-oh..."

You took a second to laugh a little. "But I was talking to him and I was wondering if you recall killing anyone from the Kurta clan?"

He tilts his head a little and thought about it for a moment.

"I mean..." He scratched his jaw, the muscles in his arm tensing with the action. "I don't really keep track nor do I remember specific details. Why?"

When he looked at you, his stomach flipped at seeing a tear fall down your cheek. And your scarlet eyes.

"Did you kill them?" You asked a little firmer, seeing his expression change at your strong emotion toward the subject. Something inside you told you that he recognized those red eyes. His next response didn't help any.

"(Y/n) I-" you cut him off, getting up and getting fully dressed. His words told you everything that you needed to know.

Before he could add anything else, you stormed out off the room, Shalnark giving you a confused look but he didn't make any move to stop you.

It was pouring rain outside and you didn't grab a jacket. It was cold and wet and you slipped more than once as you ran down the sidewalk- no end goal in mind, just that you wanted to get away from the murderer that look the lives of everyone in your family. You knew it was the Phantom Troupe's doing but you hoped it wasn't that spider's doing.

You slipped and fell for the third time, cutting your leg and arms painfully. Because you had been running for a few minutes, you decided to stop in an alleyway that didn't even block out the rain.

You were cold and wet and sad but angry at the same time. You felt stupid for trusting him. For falling in love with him. But could you even call it that now? Was it still love? Was it even love to begin with?

The water stopped falling on you and you looked up, slightly confused. Above you was a familiar figure holding an umbrella and  he smiled down at you.

"Let's get you out of the rain before you get sick." He said.

A/N: Hello and happy Pride Month! For my next books I had these ideas... Let me know what you think.

Haikyuu

Asahi Azumane x Reader
Keishin Ukai x Reader
Or comment any ideas for this one!

Death note x Readers (So like L or any requested characters...)

Other Hunter X Hunter X Readers

The Seven Deadly Sins x Readers

And so on...
Basically, my goal is to write uncommon X readers so if there is a character that you feel doesn't not get enough attention within their anime that you would like to have an X reader for, be sure comment or DM me your ideas or thoughts.
Have a lovely day!