{Chapter 25}

Y/N P.O.V.

"We have to leave Y/N."

"Dad.."

"Let's go."

Negan looked at me, sadness filling his eyes. He gave D/N a final hug and me a final hug and kiss. 

"I love you."

"I love you too Negan. I'll see you as soon as we get back."

He nodded and I picked D/N up and walked out of the cell. My dad locked it and we walked up the stairs. Leaving to Hilltop was completely stressful because I have only seen Maggie once after she saw that I was with Negan and it wasn't very pretty.

~Flashback~

My baby bump was now visible, as I was six months along. My dad wanted me to go with him to the Hilltop to maybe make peace with Maggie. When we arrived, she was at the gate, waiting for my dad. She noticed me and looked down. My dad got out and began talking to her, then motioned for me to come out.

"You're pregnant with that monsters kid!"

"Mags he's not a mon-"

"He killed Glenn! He is!"

She huffed and walked away, pissed that I had Negan's child growing inside of me. 

~Normal Time~

Driving to Hilltop was the furthest from awkward because me and my dad were laughing together. D/N was asleep in her car seat so we had to be decently quiet. When we got to the Hilltop, I was the first one out and saw Jesus and gave him a rushed hug. My dad came behind me with D/N, passing her to me.

"I am gonna be heading to the bridge to see the progress and everything. You don't mind staying here right?"

"Not at all, dad."

Maggie began to walk this way and saw that I was holding a baby. I looked down, not wanting to cause her to fight, but she came up and hugged me.

"She is precious. Can I hold her?"

"Yeah of course. Where's Hershal?"

"He's down for his nap. Maybe when you put D/N down for her's you can help me with the horses?"

"Sure! I'll put her down now!"

I grabbed her and walked to the main house of Hilltop. A few old Saviors were here, like Alden, but I didn't know any of their names. As I continued forward, Enid came by me.

"Hey!"

"Hi, Enid. How are you!"

"I'm good! Here to help?"

"I am. I need to get moving again anyway!"

She laughed and went back to where she was. When I got to the house, I opened the door and saw that Hershal was asleep in a crib. 

"You can put her on those blankets over there."

"Thanks, Maggie."

I laid her down and began to gently rub the top of her head to make her fall asleep. Once she did, I followed behind Maggie and went to where the horses were. I got onto the black one that was there and she got on the brown. After a while, Michonne came up to me and Maggie, mostly to talk to Maggie. Maggie hopped off of the horse and went to the side where Michonne was.

"Hey. Come here alone?"

"From Sanctuary, yeah."

"You find out anything?"

"They're saying they sent the ethanol out last week, like they promised."

"Well, it's still not here."

"Yeah. Jesus mentioned that. I don't know what happened."

"They could be lying," Maggie said, looking towards Jesus.

"I don't think they are. Maybe the guys who made the delivery were taken down by walkers or they went AWOL, but we need the food. I was hoping you might send enough to tide them over while we figure this out."

"We could do it. We have the surpluses." Jesus spoke.

"Yeah, but for how long? Till we get that fuel that tractor's not moving, which means the big fields don't get plowed and the yield comes in short."

"What about the plow we brought back from the museum?"

"I need a blacksmith to fix it, and I don't have one right now."

"How long is Earl gonna be locked up?"

"I don't know. I haven't decided. First time we had to deal with something like this."

"It might be time, then, to start talking about making some rules. Do you think he'd ever do something like this again?"

"I didn't think that he'd do it the first time."

"Well, you didn't hang him like you did Gregory. There must be a reason for that."

"So, should I let him walk like nothing happened."

"No. I hate what he did to you, to Enid. But if keeping him locked up means that the crops don't get planted then it's not just him that gets punished."

"Uh, Hilltop will be fine," Maggie snapped, "Until that ethanol shows up, we're holding on to our surpluses because we're gonna need 'em. It's a long ride back to Alexandria. You're welcome to stay the night here if you'd like."

"Thanks."

I glanced at an irritated Maggie and stopped her.

"Hey Mags. If you want, I could go and check the surrounding roads for the ethanol and maybe go to the Sanctuary to see what is going on."

"That would be great. You can take that horse you're on now. I can take care of D/N until you get back."

I nodded and got off the horse to put a saddle on. I pulled him to the side and went to the house. I saw that D/N was awake so I kissed the side of her head and waited for Maggie to come. Once she did, I excused myself and left the Hilltop to go find this missing ethanol. 

A/N:

Hi guys! I hope your day is going well and I have an idea on how this mission is gonna go! I love you all! Byeeee!

     Bree 💜