𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘴

sarah has had a crush on you for a while and everyone knew it

sarah has had a crush on you for a while and everyone knew it. even your brother jj and your friends knew it. but you? you didn't. you were oblivious to the longing looks sarah would give you whenever she sees you. you would sometimes catch her staring at you but just thought it was because she disliked you for whatever reason. 

your friends tried to tell you that sarah is basically in love with you but you wouldn't believe it. that was till you found a baby blue notebook laying on the beach, the owner nowhere in sight.

you are a very curious person so you wanted to pick it up, but you didn't want to invade someones privacy.

you being you, you did it anyways.

the first few pages were notes from a history class with little drawings along the sides. you thought they were pretty cute. the drawings were mostly little smileys and flowers.

you flipped a few more pages it was mostly school notes and more little drawings till you stopped on a page filled with little hearts that had your name in them.

you did not expect that.

you stood up from the sand and ran over to john bs house because you knew your friends would be there.

when you opened the door, your friends where sitting there talking about another lead to john b's dad.

you cleared your throat to get their attention and threw the notebook on the table in front of them.

''does anyone know who this notebook belongs to?''

kie looks at you confused.

''its sarahs, why?''

you looked at the brunette in disbelief. sarah cameron liking you? yeah that's impossible. or is it?

''look through it''

kie looks at you confused once more but grabs the notebook anyways. she flips through it, stops at the page with the hearts and shows it to the boys. no one looks really surprised. jj looks at you.

''oh yeah she likes you. i thought you knew?''

you look at your brother like he grew two heads.

''no i didnt''

he laughs at your oblivion.

''well now you do. you should really return her notebook.''

you nod, agreeing with him.

''yeah i probably should. can i borrow the boat?''

john b smirks at you and nods.

- sarahs house -

as you neared sarahs house you grew nervous, thousands of whats ifs running through your head. did she actually like you? 

you were standing on her porch probably looking like an idiot as you started to doubt yourself. why would the blonde beauty like you? a pogue and a poor one at that. you were about to turn around and head back to the boat when the door opened.

there she was. sarah cameron a true kook princess. she looked stunning, as always. she was wearing a bikini top with a white blouse opened over it and a pair of shorts.

she looked at you with confusion, you usually never were on this side of the outer banks.

''y/n what are you doing here?''

that question caught you off guard because you were just staring at her. 

you held the notebook out to her

''uh, I just wanted to return this to you, you must've dropped it on the beach for something''

sarah looks at you in shock, hoping you hadn't read it yet but by her luck you probably did. it was not like it was a big secret she liked you, basically everyone but you knew and she wanted it to keep that way.

''did you read it?''

you didn't know whether you should be honest or lie but you went with being honest because if she actually likes you, you could get together.

''yeah.. i did. I'm sorry.''

''i should be sorry. this is probably really creepy and I get if you don't feel the same way. i would probably be really creeped out by something like this aswell. we can just forget about this and-''

you interrupted the blonde with a kiss.

you were going to pull away because you didn't feel her kiss back but as you tried to she put her hand on your cheek and pulled you back into her.

the kiss was soft and delicate, merely a gentle brushing of lips but it was everything you had dreamed of. you couldn't believe it, you were kissing sarah cameron. the girl you liked for years.

when air was much needed you pulled away and she leaned her forehead on yours, eyes still closed.

''you don't know for how long i wanted to do that''

you laugh at the blonde

''i think i have a good idea of how long''

sarah and you kept staring at each other, silence engulfing you. the silence was comfortable you could feel the love radiating of the two. both waiting for the other to make the next move.

her figuring it wasn't going to be you

''would you like to go out some time?''

you smile at the girl, obviously you weren't going to say no

''i'd really like that''