𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃

The Case of the Missing Lifeguard part 2_______________________

_______________________

"You look like you've seen a ghost what happened?" Steve chuckled at Jessica when she entered the car.

Jessica waved his words away, "Nothing, just hanging out with Max and El."

Steve could tell that she didn't want to talk about it, so he changed the topic.

"So, when do I get to hear more about this guy that you assume kisses well?" Steve teased and started to back up out of the forest.

Jessica sank into the passenger's seat and rolled her eyes at Steve, "Why worried about competition?"

"Yeah, Dustin would love that wouldn't he." Steve laughed and tried to gauge how Jessica took the comment.

Jessica chuckled and nodded her head in agreement that Dustin was the one pushing them the most to get together.

"Yeah, it's pretty annoying how much he's pushing it actually."

"What? I am a catch. You would be lucky to end up with me." Steve pretended to be offended.

"No, I just meant that since it's obvious that you like Robin-"

"I don't like Robin. What makes you think I like Robin?" Steve averted his gaze from Jessica and looked out his window, pretending to be checking his mirrors.

"The fact that you're always flirting and you're avoiding my eye contact right now." Though Jessica knew that Robin didn't like him back, she still felt awkward around the two of them since they seemed like an old married couple.

"Okay, well I don't. I told you that I'm looking and to send pretty ladies my way."

Steve thought that Jessica was thinking of some eligible girls for him to date, but really she was thinking of a way to get a reaction from him.

"I bet my guy is good in bed."

Steve abruptly slammed on the breaks right outside of Jessica's apartment and started to violently cough. Once his coughing fit was done, he slowly turned to look at Jessica with wide eyes. Jessica was still leaning back in her chair and looked back at Steve with a playful smirk on her lips.

Jessica let out a small chuckle and reassured Steve that she was just kidding. She thanked him for the ride and made her way out of the car and up to her apartment. Once she got inside, she checked in Billy's room and noticed that he was still out.