Chapter Eleven

Seonghwa's POV

I turned around to look at the pale hand that grabbed me my eyes meeting his. His eyes were half lidded a layer of sweat covering his face. "D-Don't let Jongho know that the potion. . .isn't working this time. I. . .don't want him going through the t-trouble of saving me. It feels like my insides are burning". He weakly stated as his eyes slipped closed. I sat down by him on the bed eyeing him.

"I have to tell Jongho. He needs to know in order to cure you. You do realize that if you don't get help your body is going to worsen. The blisters are getting worse as it is you, can't withstand much more Yeosang. I can't lose you as a brother. I have to tell him. I can't withhold any information from any of you especially Jongho who deserves to know. He's the doctor". I hated seeing Yeosang in this much pain. He needed help and fast. Yeosang opened his glazed eyes our gaze meeting. He winced as he shifted before lying back down.

"If you tell him. . .I won't forgive you. I hate myself. For once I want to be normal. Please don't tell him Seonghwa". Although Yeosang was gripping onto my wrist I could tell he was losing his strength. I looked at him with a sad look in my eyes before getting up. "I'm sorry Yeosang, I have to tell him". I apologized ignoring the look of betrayal on his face. The look on his face would forever be imprinted in my memory. "I'm sorry Yeosang". I whispered feeling his grip loosen off my wrist.

I didn't bother looking back as I knew his look would break my heart. I was only doing it to protect him not hurt him. As I made my way into the kitchen Jongho didn't look any better. His hair was disheveled and he kept pacing.

"We'll just keep researching. The answer has to be out there somewhere". San said as he looked at the younger. San turned my way surprised I was standing there. "Jeez Seonghwa you gave me a fright". He said as he leaned from the counter walking closer. "Yeosang is awake but his condition is worsening as we speak. The blood transfusion isn't working. He's in even worse shape than when we arrived. I'm afraid that he needs more help before his body can't take much more of this". I explained as this situation was getting bad to worse.

San's face suddenly went serious before bolting  up the stairs. I went to grab him but he was quicker than I was. "San, I don't think it's a good idea". I said as I ran after him. Jongho was right after me but we all stopped when Jisoo was standing in the room before us. She retreated her hand away from his forehead.

"He was mumbling in his sleep so I tried soothing him". Jisoo said as she gave a sheepish look. We looked over towards Yeosang who was indeed mumbling in his sleep. "We need to get him back home. Maybe there I can run into town to get the medical  supplies". Jongho said as he put a hand on his forehead. "Perhaps they have more herbal medicine than what I can come up with". The worried tone in his voice had sent the rest of us on edge. Any moment he can get worse.

"Then we'll all head back home. We'll take Yeosang in our vehicle while you handle Jisoo". I spoke as we were running out of time. Jongho nodded as did San. "Jisoo pack your things we're headed back home. We'll leave in fifteen minutes". Jongho announced. She looked confused but nodded anyway. "I'll carry Yeosang to the car and get things sorted".

I carefully picked up Yeosang as he was dead weight in my arms. I was being careful of his blisters as to not hurt him furthermore. He stirred in my arms but quickly went back to sleep. As I lied him in the backseat he winced opening his eyes slightly. "She knows about my scars Seonghwa. I-I'm. . .a fool". His eyes slipped closed once more. "You're no fool Yeosang". I whispered. "You're going to be fine".

. . .

Yunho's POV

As we awaited their arrival we knew this wasn't going to be pleasant. Jongho warned us of what we were to witness. And from what they seen it's not good. Hongjoong was the most uneasy out of all of us. He felt as if he failed as being leader to protect all of us. Wooyoung lies a hand on the red heads shoulder trying to comfort him. "Hey, he'll get through this. He always does". Wooyoung said as he looked to our leader. Our leader shook his head a sigh slipping out.

"I'm afraid this time might be different. We must brace ourselves for what is to come. Yeosang needs us and we need to be strong for him. From now on we need to keep a close eye on him. Yunho when they arrive you will watch over Yeosang while we talk things over with Jongho". Hongjoong our leader announced. I nodded unsure of what was to come. "Sure I'll watch over Yeosang". I nodded. "I'll help too". Wooyoung said standing beside me.

Hongjoong leered at Wooyoung as the lilac haired recoiled back. "You can help if you want. But I know your watch duties aren't finished. Since the incident today we all need to be on our guards. But with one of our main assassins down we all need to be on our a game. According to what Stray Kids said we need to watch our backs. Because now they are down one member and if what they said is true then we're all in danger". All of us were shaken up after the news that Stray Kids delivered.

Mingi came into the kitchen breaking our groups silence. "I'll stand guard for Wooyoung tonight and then we'll switch later. But in the meantime I'll get a head start. The others should be here soon. I'll be out on the balcony". Mingi said as he walked out of the kitchen.

Suddenly the door burst open revealing Seonghwa carrying an unconscious Yeosang in his arms Yeosang's head lulling off his arm. Worry coursed through me as the boy didn't stir. Hongjoong caressed the boys head flinching. "Yeosang's burning up". He spoke with worry etching in his features. Seonghwa sadly nodded. "Yes, we know that. Cooling him down doesn't seem to be doing the job. Yeosang lost consciousness while in the car but he's highly delirious when awake. But he's fading fast. His condition his getting worse by the minute and his body can't withstand all this damage. We need to find a cure and fast". Seonghwa said glancing at the said boy.

"Take him to his room and we'll try keeping him cool. Jonho and myself will run into town to find some more medicine and hope for the best. Yunho you're on guard duty for Yeosang". Hongjoong said looking directly at me. I nodded before following Seonghwa up stairs.

Seonghwa lied him on the mattress but he didn't even stir awake before covering him up. Seonghwa glanced at Yeosang worriedly before glancing at me. "I'll leave Yeosang in your safety. I must warn you though the side effects are already bad. When he's awake he gets agitated. So watch out for him". Seonghwa said as he patted me on the back.

Oh, great leave me here with a cranky sick vampire...

That concludes the end of chapter eleven. What was your favorite part? I want to thank everyone for reading this story and supporting it. It means the world to me. I can't thank you enough. What do you think will happen next? I added a little foreshadowing in this chapter as to what will happen. I also want to thank the people who had voted as well. Don't forget to vote and comment.

I hope everyone is having an amazing week thus far and is staying safe.

Don't forget to stay awesome and until next time ✌️