Chapter 4: No Accident

<This is dedicated to @StrangerSight for being my 20th voter, thank you~>

Day 4

I quickly open up the door without hesitation, today was my day. I was going to do a little investigating today.

Erin quickly looked up, alarmed by the sound of the door opening. I ran up to her and gave her a hug from excitement, my skin brushed against her cheek. I pull away from her and smile.

She studies my face and says, "Oh goodness, I have some of my makeup on you!" She quickly begins to wipe it off of my face.

While she wipes the makeup off of my face, I look at the spot where my skin brushed against her cheek. I saw something that shocked me.

A bruise

It was dark purple, it didn't look recent. It look like it happened 2 days ago. Why didn't I notice before? She stops and notices my facial expression.

"Are you alright?" She asks

I quickly react, hoping that she won't be suspicious of me. "Oh no! I'm fine, I was just day dreaming. I'm sorry about smearing your makeup"

"I should be the one apologizing." She chuckles

I head toward my seat and she proceeds to sit down.

"Today is my day, today I am the investigator, the therapist, or whatever you want me to be." I announce

She giggles, "Okay what questions do you have to ask me?"

"It won't take long since it's not a lot of questions, so don't worry." I say

She nods and waits for me to continue. "Proceed."

"Why did you have that mattress out on the first day of my therapy session?" I begin

"Because I wanted you to demonstrate." She replies

"Liar~, you had no idea of what I was going to confess that day. So how would you have known to bring out the mattress?" I interrogate

"Okay you caught me," She sighs and leans back in the chair, "when you first told me that you were going have a therapy session with me, you told me that it involved a man. So, I thought: if it's a man, most likely things can go in a bad direction. I brought out a mattress to see if I was right, and I was."

"What are you? Psychic?" I joke

"No, not at all." She giggles.

"Another question..." I speak

"Go ahead." She replies

I stop and think. How could I ask her a question without her thinking that I noticed the marking on her cheek? I don't want her to be suspicious of me if I ask her.

"Have you ever been in a abusive relationship?" I ask

I saw her eyes flash something I've seen before: fear. How would I know? Because I used to show that look all the time when I was with him.

"No-"

"But you're in a relationship, correct?" I interrupt.

She nods and lowers her head. "Anything else?"

"How long have you been in that relationship, Erin?" I interrogate

"A couple of months, or two..." She speaks with her head still lowered

She leans back in her seat and tilts her head up. The sun from the window gleams on her face, causing her bruise to light up. I wince at the sight of it.