Chapter 2:

After patrolling throughout the whole village, Li Mei could not shake the dreadful feeling inside of her. She knew something was going to happen, but she wasn't sure when it was coming. Tao was having the same thoughts, as well. His tail kept swishing back and forth, his ears moving in different direction. She strokes his mane in a comforting manner. "It's okay, Tao. I'm sure it's nothing" she said, to both her horse and herself. Then, her ears picked up on some sounds coming from the forest, causing her to jerk her head to the side. She then heard the sound of the banging gong echoing the land. "The trolls are coming! The trolls are coming!" someone shouted. Li Mei gasps as she heard those words. Using her sharp eyes, she looks at a far distance and sees the mountain trolls racing their way to the village. 'Oh no' she thought worriedly. Kicking firmly on the stallion's side, they dashed back to where they left Lieur and Fa Ming. Every corner she came through, there were trolls raiding homes, taking infant boys and girls. She then came across one about ready to take a baby boy from a frightened mother. She jumped off Tao and tackled the troll before he could lay a nail on either mother and child. She looks at them and urges the woman to run, which she did, holding her child tightly to her chest. Li Mei watches them go for a few seconds before drawing her attention back to the knocked out troll, who only groaned in pain. Then, she sensed more of them coming her way. She looks up and sees four more running towards her. 

                                       Taking a battle stance, she makes a huge leap in the air, spins, and slams her foot on one of them. She backs up from it and faces the other three. One other goes to attack her, but Li Mei grabs a pan, that was laying on the ground, and the troll hits his face first against the hard medal. "I bet that hurts" she commented as the troll slowly slides from the pan to the ground, groaning. The other two charge at her. She then drops the pan and fights them off. She side kicks one and side punches the other. The girl then palm strikes the third one, causing him to fly backwards to the other direction. As she watches the troll disappear, one sneaks up behind her. Sensing it's presence, she hits him right in the face. "Oww, my nose!" he cried, covering his nose. She elbows him on the chest and grabs a hold of his neck, flinging him to the ground. The troll from earlier wakes up and watches the girl with fear and worry. "How is this possible? No human can be able to lift a grown troll?" he said to his buddies. "I don't know, I'm starting to think she isn't human. Have you seen her hair and eyes". the other troll said, pointing at her hair and eyes. The troll, who got flown by Li Mei, shakes his head and glares intently at the girl. He makes a sped fast dash at her, but was blocked by a big, towering stallion. Tao glares down at the troll, his nostrils flared fiercely. The troll gulped nervously, his demeanor going from growling and angry to nervous and terrified. "N-Nice horsey" he said, giving a timid smile. Tao snorts loudly and flings him in the air with his muzzle. The troll screamed as he flew up to the sky and started falling to the ground. Before he could touch the stone covered surface, Tao rears his back legs and kicks him square in the face, causing him to crash into some crates filled with fruit. Tao snorts a couple times, as if he's laughing. Li Mei sees this and mutters "atta boy". She looks back at the other three, who stiffen in fear and immediately runs away from her and the horse. Tao trots beside her, nudging his nose against her shoulder. She smiles and gently pets him.

                                            Then, she looks up at the rooftops and sees a troll with a baby girl in his hands. Li Mei's eyes widen as she mounts Tao and starts galloping towards the creature. Once she was close enough, she uses her powers to create a bow and arrow. She points the arrow at the troll, being careful not to hit the baby in his hands. The troll lands on the ground, running to his companions. Before she could release the arrow from her grasp, the troll was hit in the face by a flower pot. Li Mei furrows her brows in confusion, until she sees Lieur with another pot. He throws it at the troll again, and then bringing out a pail of water. "Lieur!" she shouted worriedly. Before the troll could do anything, his face was slammed by a door by Fa Ming, releasing the baby girl in the process. "Lieur, what are you doing up there? Try to stay out of trouble!" he said. The pail falls on top of Fa Ming and the baby lands safely on his lap. Li Mei sighs in relief, then goes over to them. Lieur sees her coming as he takes the baby off of Fa Ming's lap. "Li Mei!" he shouts. "Lieur, are you alright?" she asks, checking him and the baby over for any injury. "I'm alright" he said. "Oh, thank goodness" she muttered. She looks behind them and sees more trolls coming. "But not for long" she said. Lieur goes to Fa Ming and said " Si Fu, come on, lets go". "You guys go on ahead, I'll hold them off" she said to them. "But, Li Mei-" "I'll be right behind you, now go". Lieur hesitated, but did as told, and left with Fa Ming. She watches them go and faces the trolls. Tao goes up beside her and trots his hoof to the ground, snorting loudly. Li Mei uses her magic to create a sword and goes to fight the creatures. She slashes her sword on one's shoulder, causing it to cry in pain. He glares at her and swats her sword away, causing it to disinigrate. She sighs and then goes to punch him. But he blocks her and grabs her by the arm. She widens her eyes as he flings her to the ground. 

                                                 "Argh!" she groaned. Tao was kicking some trolls when he sees his companion on the ground. He whines as he kicks the last remaining troll away from him and then trots towards the girl. "Thanks, Tao" she said as he helped her up. She looks and sees the trolls going to the same direction Lieur, Fa Ming and baby went to. She and Tao go over in that direction. When they did, Li Mei sees them trying to get Lieur and the baby from underneath a statue. Thankfully, Fa Ming pushes the statue he was hiding in onto the trolls. She sighs in relief again and goes over to them. She gets Lieur and the baby out of the statue when she hears Fa Ming say "Li Mei, take the children away from here" She looks at the older monk and said "what? Fa Ming, there's no way I'm leaving you here, especially alone" "She's right, Si Fu, we're not leaving you" said Lieur. "Don't worry, I'll be alright. Li Mei will be with you until I find you" Fa Ming said to the boy. Li Mei was reluctant to leave the older monk behind, but did as he wished. She takes the children and turns to Tao. "Tao, I need you to stay with Fa Ming" she said to the stallion. He widens his eyes and looks at her worriedly. She gently pats his nose, calming him. "I know, this isn't easy. But he needs you more than I do. If not do it for him, than do it for me" she said. Tao looks at her, sadly. He nods his head, agreeing to do it. She smiles and hugs him around his neck, with him returning it. Fa Ming smiles sadly at them, but then sees the trolls starting to wake up. "Quickly, you need to go, now" he said to Li Mei and the kids. She gives one last glance at her horse before leaving with the kids at her side. 

-Hey guys, it's me. Sorry for the really long chapter, just got a little carried away for a bit there. I hope you guys enjoyed it anyways. The next chapter will be the whole chase scene, and hopefully it will be shorter. Love you all and thanks for liking my story :)