Chapter 4:

It was daytime once again, and the morning seemed really peaceful. Li Mei and the two children were up by a peach tree, collecting peaches. There were some little groundhogs there as well, helping them out with the collecting. One them walks over to Li Mei and hands her a peach for her to eat. "Thank you, little friend" she said, kneeling down and gently takes the fruit from him. The groundhog bows his head in, and she does the same. She watches Liuer go after a big peach, but then screams. Motherly instincts kicking in, she goes over to him and said "what is it?" She looks in the direction he's staring at and sees a large footprint. She slowly but cautiously goes over to it and lightly touches it. 'It's fresh' she thought. Then, she widens her eyes in fear as she sees a bush shaking rapidly. Looking back behind her, she tells Liuer to take the baby and start climbing up. She was about to follow, when suddenly a troll appears and tackles her to the ground. "Li Mei!!!" the boy shouts with worry. "Go, Liuer, I'll be right behind you!!" she said back. Li Mei knees the troll in the gut, causing him to get off her and groan in pain. She then kicks him in the chest, sending him flying backwards. 

            The female troll sneakily comes behind her. Li Mei senses her presence and elbows her in the abdomen, grabbing her by the arm and threw her from behind. Li Mei looks up the rock wall and sees an opening that's just her size. Before the trolls can get up and get her, the woman starts climbing up the mountain wall at a fast pace. Once she gets to the cave entrance, she gets grabbed by the arm by a troll, who gave her a hard stare and growl. She struggles to release the creature's tight grip on her. Then, she uses her nails/claws and slices him across the face. He screams in pain, releasing his hold. She kicks him out of the cave entrance, causing him to fall back to the ground below. Taking deep breaths, she watches the troll fall. She turns around and starts walking through the cave. She didn't have to walk very far, due to falling through a rock slope that was beneath her. She yelps in surprise as she slid down it. Once she got to the bottom, she sighs and mutters "did not see that coming". "Li Mei?" said a small voice. 

             Li Mei hears this, and gets up immediately. "Liuer?" she said back. She continues walking until she came to a room of sorts and sees a large blue stone before her, chains attached to it as if it's a prison. "Woah" she said. "Li Mei!" said the voice again. Li Mei turns to her side and sees Liuer running up to her, with the baby still in the basket on his back. "Liuer!" she said as she kneels down and meets his hug. "I knew you would be alright" he said as the baby girl slightly gets out of the basket and pats her long, blue hair. Li Mei smiles and reluctantly breaks away from the hug. "Yea, and I'm even more happy that you're alright" she said, patting his head in a motherly way. Liuer laughs at that, giving her a big smile. The moment was shorten when her attention turns back on the stone. Her curiosity got the better of her. Li Mei's eyes landed on something that looked like a hand reaching out for something. She cautiously approaches it. Once she got to it, she lightly placed her hand on the stone one. In an instant, she felt chills run up her spine. She removes her hand and slowly backs up. "Liuer, we should-" she was going to say, but was stopped when she heard a big cracking sound coming from above. Li Mei doesn't dare look up, for the woman already knew what was happening. 

             Very quickly, she takes the children as the walls around them started to break. She hides themselves behind a large boulder, shielding them from any falling rocks that came to them. Then, the large stone completely broke. For a moment, everything was quiet and still. Li Mei removes herself, only by a little, and looks at the fallen debris. She goes over to it, with the boy following close behind her. "What do you supposed might've caused that?" asked Liuer. "I'm not sure, but whatever it was, the rocks took care of it" she replied. Then, slight growling was heard from behind. They turned around and see the trolls coming from a cave opening, slowly approaching them. Li Mei get the kids behind her, telling the boy to run. He does that while she handles the creatures. One of them runs up to her and attacks. She easily dodges his attacks. As if in slow motion, Li Mei brought her hand up, putting it in a fist at first, but then switches to a flicking position. She flicks the troll all the way back to the rock wall. He was in a daze for a bit, but once his gaze was focused, his eyes landed on the smirking, blue haired woman. He growls in frustration, getting really fed up with this girl. "I just about had enough of you, demon!!" he shouted as he charged at her. Meanwhile, Luier, with the baby girl still on his back, ran until he climbs up a chain to avoid the creatures. He sees the troll coming right after his friend, causing him to worry. "Watch out, Li Mei!" he shouted to her.

               Li Mei gets into a fighting position, ready to face him. The troll was just about to tackle her, when suddenly, a big boulder hits him right on the side of his face, causing him to fall backwards. The woman widens her eyes in surprise and confusion. 'What in the world?' she thought. Then, a sound comes from the rubble. It sounded like someone grunting, as if trying to get out of the rocks. Li Mei looks at the rubble, along with the children and the trolls. Then, out from the rocks, a monkey appears. He climbs out of the rubble, and looks at his surroundings. He looks at Luier hanging on the chain, and at Li Mei standing just a few feet away from him. Their eyes met each other's for a brief moment. The woman looks at monkey in confusion and amazement. As the monkey continues to stare at her, he hears the hushed voices of the trolls. He turns and sees one of them running towards him. His eyes widen and moves away very quickly, just as the troll pounced and was ready to tackle him. The troll sees this, and he hits face first into another rock. 

           The trolls immediately started to attack the monkey. Before he could move, the monkey sees that he is still chained to the rocks. Despite this, he still manages to fight against the mountain trolls. Li Mei watches this happen in utter amazement, unaware of another troll coming in close behind her. Luier sees it and shouts "Li Mei, behind you!" The girl quickly turns around, just as the troll pounces. She then dodges its attack, but it's claws scrape across her arm just slightly. She let's out a small hiss, but doesn't let it show. The troll stares at her menacingly as it goes to attack her again. Li Mei then growls at it, causing it to stop and stare at the girl. Then, she flicks her two fingers on the troll's forehead, causing it to fly backwards. She smirks a bit, but then looks behind and sees the monkey staring face to face with Luier, baring his teeth at him. Before Li Mei can run up and defend the boy, the baby girl climbs out of the basket and pats him on the head. This calmed the monkey, as it seems. He then moves away from the children and said "thanks, kid, I got it from here". He starts making his way towards the entrance, but not before taking a quick glance at Li Mei. He stares at her for a moment, and then dashes out of the cave and into the forest that's outside. Li Mei watches the monkey make his leave, with a curious look upon her face. 'Could that be?' she thought. While she was dazed in thought, Luier climbs down from the chain and follows the monkey outside, moving away from the unconscious trolls. The woman breaks her dazed trance and sees Luier leaving the cave. "Luier, wait" she said, following both the boy and the mysterious monkey.