You're Not Scared?

Looking around his quarters tentatively, you bit back a smile as you walked over to Kylo slowly. You reached his side as he towered over you and he walked ahead towards a door. You followed behind him curiously and stepped through the doorway. A large silk covered bed sat in the middle of the room and you stopped to stare looking around to see what else was in there. It was pretty bare except for a dresser next to the closet and a door leading off towards what you assumed was his shower.

He stopped walking and turned around to face you while crossing his arms behind his back. His face was stoic and expressionless as he stood there and waited. Your face was flush as you eyed the floor avoiding his gaze.

"You will sleep here."

"Oh," you said looking up as his blank face. "Well, where will you sleep?"

"That's none of your concern," he said flatly.

"Um, okay then," you said slowly as you took a step towards the bed.

He gave you a quick nod and walked past you as his cape brushed against you sending shivers through your body. You turned to watch his large figure leave the room and you turned back around towards the bed. It looked so soft and inviting.

Setting your scrubs and datapad on the dresser that was against the wall, you walked over to the bed. Reaching down, you pulled the black covers back and slipped underneath them. You sunk down into the bed instantly and it felt heavenly in comparison to your cot. Inhaling the scent that lingered on the sheets, you shut your eyes trying not to think of how strange this all was.

What was he playing at?

None of it made sense.

Even though the bed was soft and hugged your body perfectly, you just couldn't get comfortable enough knowing Kylo wasn't sleeping. The sheets were cold against both your skin and your still damp hair and you shivered wishing you could warm up.

It would be real nice if a brooding hot man was lying in the bed with you.

Sitting up in the bed, you glanced around the dark room. Just looking at it brought a calmness over you. Right now, though, you felt more awake than you had earlier in the day.

Deciding you didn't want to try to sleep, you pushed away the covers and climbed out of the large bed and walked out of the door and down the hallway. You weren't sure if Kylo was even still in the quarters, but you wanted to at least try and find him. Walking around the corner from the short hallway, you looked around the large space until you saw him standing across the room staring out the massive windows that cast a dull light from the stars across his scarred face. Standing as still as ever, he stood there deep in thought with his hands still behind his back as solid as ever.

Against your better judgement, you walked over to him until your body was in line with his facing out towards the stars. The sight before you out into the nothingness of the galaxy was beautiful and you tried to take it all in. He didn't move as you turned to look up as his unwavering face opening your mouth to speak.

"Do you ever sleep?"

He said nothing as he gazed out of the dark windows, then after a while, he turned his head slightly to you blinking his long lashes, "Do you?"

Taken aback, you stared into his questioning eyes, "Yeah, every night."

"Until the nightmares start, right?" he asked turning his body slightly to face you more directly.

Great- so he was still reading your mind.

Even while you slept.

"Yeah, until they start," you said blinking softly looking away from him.