Rain, Rain, Go Away

The Cold Liquid droplets are falling creating line contours across the skyscrapers' windows and the cars' windshields. The Gloomy clouds gather as the frosty wind blew onto the people strolling in the wet pavement of The 3rd Avenue.

"Fuck this, " Kal can't help but utter profanity under his breath from his incredulously bad luck since he was a child.
Not a minute ago he bumped into someone which results in limping his way from his rundown apartment. Not to mention that he doesn't have a tv to watch the daily weather news.

The light drizzle then became a heavy downpour. Strands of raven hair began to stick into the sides and forehead of his face.
The thin fabric of his work clothes is now clinging onto him like a second skin, highlighting his curves and upturned bottom yet also accentuating the sharp edges of bones due to an insufficient amount of food. The wet lens of his glasses impedes his perception of his surroundings.

Kal removes his glasses and hurriedly stashed them inside the pocket of his trousers before trudging his way to a nearby bakery. He slowly stands next to a tall woman looking like a poor, black, soaked street cat. Moments have passed yet the rain indicated no hints of ceasing and Kal can't help but grind at his bottom lip hoping that the cranky manager of the diner he's working at won't fire him. After all, this must be the sixth time he was late.

"Are you alright?"

Kal instantly stopped squirming before slowly whirling his head to face the stranger. His eyes grew wide at the presence of a stunning woman before him. A small whiff into the air and Kal can tell that the woman is an alpha. Long sandy hair illuminates her unblemished face. Her elegant eyebrows are slightly raised as if asking him what's wrong. She has pale grey eyes coupled with a slim nose. Her red lips are in a thin line as she waits for him to answer.

"Uh, yes of course!" His response came out a pitch higher than his usual voice. Kal couldn't believe that someone would ask him that out of nowhere. Much less hear that from an alpha he barely knows. The woman let out a small hum of response before typing something into her cellphone.

Kal turns his head away from her and rather concentrating on the cars passing on the street as he wraps both of his arms around himself to somehow shield him from the gust of wind.

"Here"

A trench coat suddenly appeared right before his eyes and Kal was more than surprised. He was about to refuse her when the lady snaps at him.

"Your cold".

The stern voice forced him to obediently grab the coat from her and wrapped himself with it. A warm scent of burnt caramel immediately made him relax in an instant. Kal can't help but take a quick peek of her. She is wearing a maroon turtleneck and dark pants which gives attention to her slim, long legs. Even if she wasn't wearing heels, Kal is sure that the lady is an inch taller than him.

"Thank you."

"Mhm."

There was once again a moment of silence except for the soft pitter-patter of rain on the paddles.

"Have we met before?"

The abrupt question made Kal to instantly freeze. Now that he thought of it, the lady is someone who is well endowed with money and looks, and to top all of that, she is an Alpha. Butterflies churned his stomach at the possibility that the lady knew someone from his old pack. He can't help but close his hands into tight fists that the lady had clearly seen his face.

What if they would find him?

He slowly loosened his fists leaving half-crescent marks onto his palm.

"Do you want to go to the hospital?"

Kal ignored the voice that clearly held pity to someone like him. He doesn't need that. He doesn't need someone to pity him. He is not someone to pity for.

He rashly chugs the coat away and throws it into the kind lady who barely has time to register to what Kal did. He starts running fast, just as he did 7 years ago. The Pain from his leg was forgotten as the pain from his heart was swelling.

He ran as fast as the wind from the bakery when he first stood next to the lady as he wishes for the rain to go away.