27%

✧ - A N N A B E L - ✧

I sat on the beach Alex had taken me to the other day, watching the waves wash in and out slowly. he'd asked me to meet him here as apparently he had another surprise.

slipping off my flip flops, I buried my toes in the sand. the sound of the 1975 washed through my eardrums via my earphones.

I jumped as I felt a light tap on my shoulder, and spun around to come face to face with Alex holding a guitar.

"hey, gorgeous." he said, giving me a quick hug.

"what's the guitar for?" I asked dubiously, pulling out my earphones.

"well, the other day I finished up a song that I'd wrote and performed it to the boys and got their approval, and I wanted to perform it to you."

I blushed and tried to hide my smile. "me?"

"yep. I hope you like it." he tuned his guitar carefully before clearing his throat. I listened intently.

"inquisitive and thoughtful, she was the challenge he'd been waiting for. a reminder that creativity runs deep, like secrets. dark eyed dreamers - they were a dangerous pair. "Q" next to "U", scribbled out on paper," his voice was so captivating, so unlike any singer I'd heard before. I couldn't stop listening.

"they stop, they go, they're done. go back to the place we knew before, retrace our steps to the basement door. I'll ask you if the rain still makes you smile," he looked up at me, giving me a sweet smile that made me feel almost weak.

"like so much time that we spent in the fall, put colour in our cheeks while the air turned cold, preceding what became our bitter end."

tears threatened in my eyes as i continued to listen to Alex, i was overwhelmed by his sheer talent and his flawless song writing.

"round in circles - let's start over. round in circles - let's start over. unanswered questions, would be the only thing to stop them now. he was the poet, while she was the muse. she had a pen that she knew how to use. a touch of redemption, a hint of elation; a recipe for disaster."

I noticed Alex looking on the verge of tears, so before he could go any further I flung my arms around him, which he openly accepted and wrapped his around me. we blended into one crying mess, clinging on to each other desperately.

"that was beautiful, Alex." I murmured into his ear.

"just like you."

"oh shut up, nerd." I laughed softly.

"you know who it's inspired by, right?"

me, I thought.

"you," he said, leaning back to look at me. "you inspire me so much. you're so unique, so interesting. full of creativity and passion."

I raised my hand up and ran it along the side of his face, wiping away a tear.

"what would I do without you," I whispered.

"you'll never be without me." he took my hand and kissed it gently.

-

CRAPPY ENDING SORRY

okay this story is nearly over and I'm kinda really sad bc of it oh man