Chapter 1

Whilst this is probably a given, please remember that this is a fanfiction and it will not exactly replicate Simon and Talia's relationship irl! I hope you enjoy this book, the second in my sidemen series! And if you're missing Sophie and Harry, don't worry, they'll pop up in this one! And who knows, maybe (a lot) further down the line they might get a sequel! Anyway I'm talking too much, so ENJOY!!!! (Est: January 2017)

When the notification from Sophie Minter had appeared on my phone, I was convinced I was dreaming. It had been a normal afternoon in January, and I had just finished filming a video when my phone had pinged.

"Angele!" I yelled, calling my sister into my room. She rushed in, looking at me with a curious expression painted on her face.

"What now?" She asked, peering over my shoulder at my phone.

"Hi there! One of your makeup looks came up on my explore page and I checked out your YouTube channel, I loved it! Was just wondering if you're London based and wanted to come and film a video with me sometime? From Sophie Minter, Angele! Sophie Minter!" I read out, not believing my eyes.

"You're telling me she sent you a message?" She asked in disbelief. I laughed along with her, my disbelief equalling hers.

"She did!" I spoke happily, my phone still open on the message.

"Well reply then, you dummy!" Angele teased, nudging my shoulder.

"I don't want to look too eager!" I protested, however I began typing out a reply slowly.

"You've already opened her message, if you don't reply it'll look rude," she pointed out.

"Okay okay. How does this sound? 'Hi Sophie, thanks for the message! I'm happy to hear you liked my YouTube channel, the feeling is mutual! Yes I'm London based, and I would love to film a video with you! Let's arrange a date and I'll be there.' Does that sound acceptable?" I asked Angele, swivelling round in my chair to face her. She nodded slowly, giving me the thumbs up.

I pressed send, and closed my eyes. Maybe this was it. The big break I needed. Something which would push my channel and promote it to a new audience, to further my career and enable me to do the things I loved. Makeup. Singing. Entertaining.

Instantly after the message had been sent she had seen it. "'How does next week sound? I'll send you the details for the address and everything soon.' Angele! I'm filming a video with Sophie Minter!" I squealed, placing my phone down on my desk.

She laughed and gave me a quick hug before leaving to 'let me fangirl in peace'.

I wasn't a proper fan girl - but I loved watching her videos, and this would massively help boost my own YouTube career too.

***

The week leading up to the filming day had passed by slowly. However, the time had come for me to travel to her home, all of my makeup supplies in a bag.

"I'm leaving, Angele! I'll text you when I'm on my way back!" I called out, smiling as she wished me good luck.

The car drive wasn't too long, only about ten minutes. The gate opened automatically and I drove up the driveway, my mouth hanging open as I saw the size of the house - no, it was more like a mansion. I parked by all the other cars, taking my bag and walking up to the door. I rang the buzzer twice and waited patiently for the door to open.

I had been expecting Sophie to greet me, but instead I was greeted by a taller boy, a curious smile etched on his face, accompanied by dimples.

"I - hi! Sorry, I was expecting Sophie," I explained, feeling my face turn a shade of red in front of this ridiculously handsome boy at the door. I could tell I looked like a rambling idiot, and so decided to shut up.