Perfect (Some Angst)

Pairing: Adam Driver x Reader

Word Count: 1,214

Warnings: angsty? & Fluff

Based on the 'Perfect' song by Ed Sheeran. Specifically the lyrics 'You look perfect tonight' —- except I don't use the word 'tonight'.

The soft sound of 'pitter-patters' could be heard throughout the small one bedroom apartment

The soft sound of 'pitter-patters' could be heard throughout the small one bedroom apartment. Waking up to the soft sounds of cars driving past your apartment, it was oddly quiet. Especially, since you lived in the 'City that never sleeps'. It felt chilly in your apartment. The sort of chill that made it colder than it already was.

It was currently 6:30am. You were currently wrapped in blankets on your bed. Unraveling, from embrace of your blankets, you got up to look out of window. It was lightly, raining outside, with a slight overcast. Even the weather, felt a little sad today. Thankfully, you didn't have anywhere that you had to be, and didn't have any pressing matters to attend to.

Your boyfriend Adam, was currently on set of his latest movie. He wasn't coming back to New York, for at least another two weeks. The thought alone made your bleak mood worse. Sighing, you decided that maybe a nice hot shower would help lighten your mood. You had brought in a clean set of clothes to change into after your shower, which consisted of a black sweat pants, and a black sweater that said 'Ben Solo's Sweater,' on the front, since you were missing Adam, this brought a smile onto your face. You put your hair into a messy bun, using the 'Star Wars' scrunchie, you received as a gift from your family.

Once, you left the bathroom, you headed to the kitchen and made coffee. Your love for Coffee was something you and Adam both shared. Making, your way to the living room you decided to put in Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone. It was one of the unsaid traditions between you and Adam, whenever it stormed, you would pop in the Harry Potter movies.

You hadn't given your cellphone much thought since waking up. Hearing another, 'Ping', indicating you had gotten another message. Deeply, sighing you got up, going to your phone, to see who dare bother you, on such a gloomy day.

Opening your phone you read the few messages you received.

Thinking about you babe. I hope you don't miss me too much.

I checked the weather back home. It looks like it's a Harry Potter marathon type of day!

I miss you.

The weather just made you extra sentimental. It broke your, heart that he was often gone for long periods of time. You were always a supportive girlfriend. But sometimes you couldn't help the overwhelming flood of emotions. Sometimes, the distance was too much for you to handle. Reading his messages, you hadn't even realized the tears that had sneaked out of your eyes and down your cheeks. Once the tears started, you couldn't stop them. It felt as if you were being suffocated in sad emotions. Days like today you just needed to be hugged extra tight, and loved a little louder. Unfortunately, you were alone. Normally, you loved being alone. It was your time to recharge, and recoup.