1

Damian walked down the road soaking wet from the rain. Of course, he'd forgotten to bring a jacket on a cold day like today. He wasn't in the best mood as he turned the corner and began heading towards a coffee shop where he was supposed to meet some of his friends. His boss had kept him at the office late and his girlfriend had borrowed his car so he was trying his best to get there on time. As he kept going the sidewalk began to get more crowded. A woman bumped into him and he nearly lost his balance. "I'm sorry sir," the woman said. 

Damian smiled kindly. "No problem ma'am," he replied and continued on his way. 

As he kept walking a man ran into him and a voice sounded in his ear. You're gonna die Damian Anderson. Damian glanced behind him and the man had disappeared. Feeling a little anxious he walked faster. He turned another corner and heard his name. He looked up and saw a man in a hoodie staring at him. He noticed the man's piercing blue eyes and dark brown hair. Knowing the coffee shop was only a few more steps away he ran the rest of the way. When he got there one of his friends was standing next to the car. "Hey there. I thought you'd never show up. You're soaking wet. Why didn't you take the car?" 

"Alicia is borrowing it," Damian replied. "Sorry, I'm late Brady. I got held up." 

Brady shook his head and opened the car door and pulled out a hoodie. "Not a problem. Alicia and Karen aren't even here yet. Here take this" 

Damian didn't respond as he pulled on the hoodie and stared back at where the man who had been glaring at him had been. "He's gone." 

Brad tilted his head in confusion. "You okay?" 

Damian blinked and looked at Brad. "Yeah, I'm fine. What were we talking about?" 

"Nothing," Brad sighed knowing that Damian wasn't in the mood to talk anyway. "So I got the stuff that you told me to from your house and now we're just waiting for the two girls." 

"Matthew and Karen are here?" Damian asked. 

"No. They went to the beach ahead of us," Brady replied. "They wanted to chill on the boardwalk before the rest of us got there." 

Trying to lighten up the mood Damian said, "or maybe more if you get me." 

Brady laughed and waved at a car that had just pulled into the parking lot. "That is none of our business Damian. They're not even together. Ew Damian. They're siblings!" 

Alicia jumped out of the car and ran into Damian's arms. "Oh my gosh, you're okay. I got so scared." 

Damian frowned and looked at Alicia. "What's wrong babe?" 

"I tried to call you and you didn't respond. Then I called you again and some man replied and he had this really creepy voice and then he hung up and I thought something had happened to you," Alicia stammered beginning to cry. 

Holding Alicia with one arm, Damian reached into his jeans pocket. "Oh no," he muttered. 

"What's wrong?" Riley asked. 

"Nothing. A lady bumped into me a few minutes ago. She must've taken my phone," Damian groaned. 

"Damn. You didn't notice that?" Brady replied. "You really are out of it today." 

"I guess," Damian muttered when he noticed a shadow by the trees. 

Riley looked at Damian. "Are you okay?" 

"Yeah. I'm just really tired. Maybe I just need a nap," Damian replied. 

"We should start heading to the beach. You can take a nap and I'll drive," Alicia said. 

Damian nodded and Alicia led him to the car. Riley joined Brady in his car. "Well, that was certainly interesting." 

Brady nodded. "I'm worried about Damian. Maybe it's just his mood." 

"I'm sure he'll be fine. Let's just go," Riley said. 

Alicia pulled onto the road as she tried to start a conversation with Damian. However, after a few minutes, Damian rested his head against the window and said something about being tired. Alicia put a hand on Damian's leg as she drove. She was worried about Damian. What was making him act like this? He always took the time to make conversation no matter what kind of mood he was in. Today he just wanted to be left alone. Alicia turned on the radio and continued driving. Damian moaned and began to squirm in his seat. Alicia reached over to him and rubbed his shoulder reassuringly. 

When they arrived at the beach Riley and Brady were already unloading their car. Matthew and Karen were in the house waiting for everyone. Alicia woke Damian up and they got out and began unloading the car. They headed inside and Damian ended up going to bed. Karen ran over to Alicia. "Oh my gosh this house is beautiful and the beach. You should see it. There's so much I have to show you and talk to you about." 

Alicia grinned as she brought some suitcases in the house. "Let's go. Take me everywhere." 

Brady rolled his eyes. "Ladies, it's almost eight. Maybe we should go check things out tomorrow." 

The twenty-seven-year-olds were acting like high schoolers as they practically jumped around with excitement. It was their first vacation in months and they could hardly wait to get started. With a sigh, they agreed to wait until the next morning. Matthew laughed and took the bags to the bedrooms. "Alright, I think that we should get the cars parked in the garage and then get dinner at this really nice restaurant on the boardwalk," he suggested. 

Everyone except for Damian went to the boardwalk for dinner. When they got back they were so exhausted that they went straight to bed. Karen grinned at Riley and Alicia. You are gonna love this place once you get to see it. Anyways, goodnight." 

Riley smiled. "Goodnight." 

Alicia went into the bedroom and changed clothes. Damian moaned and rolled over. "Hey there." 

Alicia turned around. "I'm sorry I woke you up." 

"Don't worry about it. How was dinner?" Damian replied. 

"It was good. We brought you some for when you're hungry. How are you feeling?" Alicia replied. 

Damian nodded. "Thanks," he mumbled and dozed off again. 

Alicia got in bed and almost immediately fell asleep. 

A knock sounded at the door and Matthew woke up. "What the..." he moaned. 

Riley shook Brady's shoulder. "Did you hear that?" 

"What?" Brady mumbled in a barely audible voice. 

A second knock sounded and Damian woke up to Alicia moving around the room. "What's going on?" he asked. 

A third knock which was more desperate caused the group to race out of their rooms nearly colliding with each other. They got to the door and Brady opened it. A young girl no older than nineteen collapsed at his feet. Her whole body was covered in blood. Everyone gasped and backed away. In the pool of blood, she began to trace a symbol with her fingers. Karen raced into the house and came back out with a pen and paper. She quickly drew the symbol before it disappeared. "Run," the girl choked out and went limp. 

This is my first book on this account. I hope you enjoy this.