Chapter 1

"Mamma, Papa?" Nya calls out, her high voice echoing the shop. She whimpers, and grabs her little blanket and plushie, and jumps out of bed.

The three year old toddles over to her twin brothers' bed, and shakes him awake. "Kaikai.." She repeats his name.

Groaning, the boy sat up. "Sissy, what's up?" He asks, holding her hand. Tears well up in her eyes and she sniffles. "I-I heard a scream from down stairs - it sounded like daddy." Nya said, holding her blanket close.

Kai jumps out his bed and walks over to his sister, and held her hand again. "We will go downstairs together. We will make sure daddy is okay, and then find mommy, okay?" He said with a soft voice.

The girl nodded, and the three year olds cautiously walked out into the dark hallway. The brunette feel uneasy, and clings onto Nya. He had always been afraid of the dark, and needed someone to be with him. "It's okay, I here."

"Mamma?" Nya calls out, reaching the stairs, she holds Kai's hand tighter. "Together?"

"Together."

The twins walk down, and they don't even get to the bottom of the stairs.

Their dad is lying on the ground, with brown dried blood surrounding his chest and abdomen.

"DADDY!" They both scream, sobbing as they make their way to the body. Kai curls up to his body and clutches his short sleeve shirt and sobs into it, while Nya desperately tries to find a heartbeat. Nothing works, and they're left to scream their mothers name.

She doesn't answer.

Shakily, Nya gets up and walks into the kitchen, attempting to find her mother.

"Mama?" She calls out, voice shaking. Again, no answer. No one is in the kitchen, and it worries the three year old even more.

There's a bit on the floor in front of the kitchen table, and the little girl looks at it wo blurred vision. She kneels down and begins to read it.

I'm sorry, but I have to go.

Goodbye, children. I love you.

Nya only sobs more at that, running to her brother who was still crying. The twins hug each other for hours and hours on end, with no intention on stopping.

~~~

"Nya? Nya!"

Mentioned girl jolts up, panting and sweating. Her brother is knelt beside her bed, visibly worried for his twin sister. He looks at her softly, and held her hand tightly. She looked back with tears in her eyes, and clutches the blanket with her other free hand. It was a blanket she's always had since a young baby, and she's always kept it throughout the many years of moving throughout orphanages and one foster home - which was absolute hell.

Kai hugs her tightly and she responds, letting a few tears fall from her chocolate brown eyes. The blanket falls down to her lap, and she is left to hug her brother more, considering the cold conditions - as the fan is broken. Shivering, the brunette rubs her back gently, trying to stop her shaking. "Was-was it a nightmare?" He asks, holding her small wrists in place as they separate. She whimpers, and then nods slightly. She hated to admit her feeling to anyone, even her own brother, but she hates this real nightmare even more.

"Was it Mira and her father again..or..or.." He couldn't finish his own sentence as the flashbacks off 13 years ago came back into full view in his mind. Tears burned in his own eyes and he wipes them away quickly to make sure his little sister was okay. Granted, he was born 7 minutes earlier, but Nya is smaller than Kai, so he always thinks of her like a little sister. They're only two inches apart - so it's hard to tell anyway.