Glory

Thorn stepped back and put her hands on Deathbringer's shoulders. "I'm so glad that you're alive, but I think that I speak for all of us that we want to know how."

Deathbringer nodded. "Okay."

Glory sat down next to him and put her head on his shoulder. Deathrbinger wrapped an arm around her.

"After I grabbed Darkstalker and dragged him into the building," Deathbringer started. "I hid under a piece of metal that covered me, but I made sure that Darkstalker couldn't hide. I blacked out after the explosion, and I don't know how long I was out. I woke up and I was covered in bruises, dust, blood. I was a mess, and I guess I still am. With my looks, I mean. Anyway, I went into the woods after trekking in the road to try and find a car, but it was surprisingly empty. There were no cars anywhere. I camped in the woods and found a creek, washed myself a little bit, drank some water, and I went back for the road. I found a new road, one that looked like it was used more, and I finally found a car to hitchhike in. The man I drove with was surprisingly really cool with me just hopping into his car, but I guess the lie I told him made him pity me." Deathbringer looked down, a sad smile on his face. "We drove back to Pyrrhia, but I got off right at the city limits, so I had to walk here. It was the first place I could think of. And I assumed that you all would be here, too, from my guess on the time of day. And the rest is history."

Glory kissed Deathbringer's cheek. She had missed him so much. To think that he was dead, to think that she had lost him forever, that she would never see him again, never hear his voice, never know what could have been, almost destroyed Glory. She was surprised that she was able to go to school, and that she was able to speak, and to be able to function with him gone.

"I missed you." Glory said. But it didn't seem to cover it. She didn't know what she could say to tell Deathbringer how much she wanted him, how much she needed him in her life, what she had been like without him, and most importantly, what she would know that he was back.

"I missed you, too." Deathbringer whispered back. "And I'm sorry. I know that you may hate me, but I just want you to know that I still love you, and I will accept that you may be mad at me, or don't want to be with me anymore."

"I don't." Glory said, "I understand why you did what you did, and though I may not like what you did, I know it's what you needed to do, and I'm just glad you're still alive."

"Thanks." Deathbringer said. "It was hard for me to accept that I was never going to see you again. You have no idea how hard that was for me."

Glory looked up and gave him a reassuring smile. "Hey, you're still alive, and Darkstalker is dead. It's going to be okay."

"I hope so." Deathbringer whispered.

"Alright you lovebirds, I'm hungry." Tsunami said. "We're ordering pizza. What kind do you want?"

Glory smiled. Things were getting back to normal.