two

sometimes I feel like parties are like disasters waiting to happen. I mean cmon, every party always has that one major situation tied to its name.
"did you hear trey cheated on tiff at his own party?"
or
"I heard kelly threw up in the backyard at dillan's party on friday"
just complete bullshit.
there's never been a successful party thrown in this town without something bad happening, but that didn't stop rue and i from going to mckay's. It was our mission to get as fucked as possible, it being our first time together since the day I left.

"is that- oh my god that's rue and bri! maddy's voice echoed, but rue and I were too busy talking to hear.

"Didn't they like die."

"yo caspers, you guys heading to mckay's party?" kat's loud voice screams out the car window.

me and rue turn to find her, maddy, and bb all piled in maddy's old car. i nod for us both, us leaning down to talk to them through the small window.

"want a ride?"

rue looks to me, smiling at the fact we've just gotten out of having to walk two more blocks. even though we could've easily biked over, we knew by the end of the night we wouldn't be sober enough to steer.

"why thank you." rue says smoothly, opening the back door open for me to get in first.
I squeeze into the middle seat, acknowledging bb who sits on the other side of me. she leans over, handing me her vape, while blowing out her contained smoke, the fruity scent taking over the car as maddy begins driving.

there's no denying mckay and the rest of the football team decided to go big, the entire place being filled with people from all over oakland.

the front yard is packed, along with the inside. when we walk in, rue looks to me before throwing her arm over my shoulders.

"let's get fucked up." she says, swaying us as we walk straight into the kitchen.

we pour shots, drowning them quickly. god, do i love alcohol. my head shoots up, both rue and i laughing at how strong it is.

she pulls out a small baggie from her pocket, ones i'm assuming she bought earlier from ashtray.

"rue, post rehab remember." i tell her, already seeing people stare at us.

"oh shit." she laughs again, shoving it away. "bathroom break. you come right after so i can give you yours."

i nod as i watch her walk away, my attention quickly gazing over the crowd in the house. my eyes squint as they land on the side of fez's face. he's sitting on a couch in the backyard while smoking something.

i smile to myself as i pour myself another drink and one for fez before pushing through the crowd to go to him.

"since when did you start coming to high school parties again." i say, sitting down.

i hand out his cup, him taking it as he passes me the blunt he's been smoking.

"since i gotta sell my daily's and i make hella bank off you kids." he chuckles.

"chill out, you're only a couple years older." i say, taking a hit. i hold my breath, the smoke burning my throat as i do.

"yeah but i do big boy shit. y'all out here partying before school and shit. i'm just tryna make a living. big ass difference b."

i reach out, handing him back the blunt as memories flood through my head of him always calling me b in the past. it feels good to hear him use it again.

"you should be coming back with us. i bet it wouldn't take much for you to finish."

he laughs so hard his head falls back, pure happiness on his face.

"i'm not even focused on that shit man. i dropped out for a reason, i don't care to go back." he explains.

"yeah yeah. to sell and make a living. i heard ya." i roll my eyes jokingly.

"speaking of that shit, where the fuck is rue? she owe me for that shit she got y'all."

my body slouches back into the couch, the feeling of lightness taking over from us passing a couple times.

"too late, she's upstairs taking it right now." i laugh. i should've known rue would do this. we always get frees from fez. he's one of the chilliest plugs ever.

"y'all something else, i swear."

it goes silent for a second. not an awkward silence but a peaceful one. both of us cross faded just enjoying the feeling.

"yo what the fuck you put in my drink b. this shit got me gone forreal." fez says suddenly.

"you know i'm the best at mixing. should've remembered that fez."

"nah yo ass tryna fuck me up knowing i gotta sell. let me taste yo shit." he grabs my cup i've had set by my foot.

i reach up, telling him to give it back. "stoppp."

he chuckles at the fact that i can't reach it, just by him holding it above me. i hate the fact that he's so much taller than me sometimes.

i giggle as i try jumping but it's no use.

he finally brings it down to his lips, taking a sip. his face scrunches up as he pulls away, handing me my cup back.

"what the fuck bri. you tryna kill yo self?"

"don't be dramatic. i just want to have fun that's all."

"you don't need that strong ass shit to do it. i don't know how you and rue be handling that."

just as he mentions her name, rue walks up to us, plopping down right in between us.

"what the fuck rue!" fez says.

"what, what, what, what, what?"

"cmon now bruh, you owe me a hundred twenty bucks." fez tells her.

"my bad man i forgot." rue giggles, handing fez a blunt she came over here with.

fez takes it, smiling slightly. "shit, you know i ain't trippin." he says before taking a quick drag.

"to be honest with you, your whole drug shit got me feeling kinda uneasy." he says softly, his eyes stuck on her.

i gulp at the fact he's bringing this up right now. it's not really the best conversation to have when we're fucked up. and i can tell rue also doesn't want to talk about it.

"cmon, don't go soft on me fez." she tries brushing it off.

"nah i'm not, it's just that, i like y'all. i missed yall bruh, and that shit at the beginning of the summer with you rue had me scared as fuck." he reaches forward to hold out the blunt to me, continuing with the rotation.

"yeah you and everybody else" rue says.

"i'm serious rue. i've seen a lot of people die. but none like you. i don't know what type of fucked up shit you got going on inside ya head. i don't know how to help, but i can tell you one thing; this drug shit not the answer."

fez glances over to me, sighing.

"you got away b, but now you're back doing the same shit again. and the way you're going, i don't want the same shit happening to you."

i shake my head, passing the blunt to rue.

"y'all just go easy for me." fez says when neither rue or i say anything.

"you still gonna be our dealer fez?" rue smiles, teasing him.

"you a fucking trip bruh." he shakes his head, rue and i erupting in laughter.

"i'm too high to be having the conversation right now." he finishes, us all going silent again.