The beginning

Hellooo. So this is just the beginning to the new story I'm writing. This is my first big story on wattpad based on the maze runner series. Hope you enjoy it 🖤
Y/ n- your name

Darkness. Pain. Flashes of light. Faint voices. The words WCKD is good playing throughout your mind as if loops on a recording placed inside your brain. Movement. You felt as air rushed past your cheeks, semi conscious you hear rattling. 'A lift? A crate?' You weren't sure where you were.

Different voices. The shrill squeak as something was being opened. "Newt what do you see?" Calls a deep Male voice.
"It's a girl?" A thick British accent responds as you feel whatever you were in sway a little as he jumps in. You groan as he crouches beside you. "You alright love?" He asks softly rolling you into your back. "Someone get Alby right now!" He suddenly calls panicked. "She's stung!"

'Stung?' You think you yourself. 'Stung by what? Was it serious? Why was he so panicked? Are you gonna die?' The voices start dying down again. You feel yourself getting weaker again, trying to cling onto the Brit's voice yet it's no use. You let the darkness consume you, let your thoughts rest.

Your flashback

A bright light flashes above you. You look around from side to side at the doctors dressed in robes and masks, various medical equipment at hand. "Just relax y/n. This should be quick, just a small operation on your brain." A ginger haired woman walks in reading notes from a clipboard. You look down at yourself, the only thing covering you a white bed sheet. Were you in hospital?
"I'm ready Dr Paige." You take a deep breath calming yourself. 'Were you really ok with this? What was happening to you?'

"Begin." Orders the ginger. Your arm gets cleaned and injected with various needles. You groan at the contact of the metal piercing your skin. "Good girl." She smiles at you. "It's some bliss it'll calm you right down." She explains as she draws some lines on your head. It worked alright. You become drowsy so fast and barely notice the machines you're hooked to or as they make the incisions into the side of your head. "Remember. WCKD is good." Is the last thing you hear her say before you're brought back to reality.

Back to the present time

Screaming. Your body's full energy focused on screaming and struggling at your restraints. You didn't have control. Rage. Pure rage. The only think currently coursing through your veins.

Newt's Pov

After finding the greenie stung and unconscious me and Alby brought her to the 'special' room in the homestead to sort her out. We bind her to a bed with leather straps as she begins going through the changing shortly after.
"Poor shank. Shame we're gonna have to banish her." Alby says as he runs a hand across his face in annoyance.

Someone knocks at the door. I open it to see Jeff with a syringe. I take it inspecting it closely. "It was in the box." Jeff says panting breathlessly, after running I presume. "Never seen it before. I think it's the cure."
"Thanks Jeff." I wave him off stepping back in.

"Bloody hell first a stung shank now some strange buggin' liquid in a syringe." I say to myself.
"Maybe we should use it. Not like she's gonna last being stung if it does kill her." Alby suggests.
I sigh. "We can't just use the poor girl as a guinea pig. Probably seeing some dark shit going through the changing." I argue.
"It's the best chance we got." Alby reminds me. Hesitantly I line the syringe up with her wrist and inject it. Instantly, she calms down as I watch in awe. "Alright. You stay and watch her. I've got a lot to do today I'll be back later." Alby says as he leaves.

Back to your Pov

You slowly blink your eyes open readjusting them back to the light of the room. You sit up to be pushed back down quickly by a blurry figure infront of you. "Hey try not to sit up yet you're still recovering." A soft British tone says and you nod your head doing as he says. "Can you remember your name? Anything about yourself?" You shake your head lying, not trusting him fully yet. "That's ok. It's normal." he smiles warmly towards you. "Names Newt. I'm second in command of the glade. I'll be keeping an eye on you for a while since you came up the box stung, that alright love?" You nod your head again still a little overwhelmed. "You should rest up greenie. You've been through a rough day. I'll be right here when you wake up." He reassures you as you fall into another slumber.

To be continued...

Hey so that's the first chapter. Hope you liked it! I'll keep updating this series so watch out for the next chapter 🥰