|| 1 ||

'My arranged date stood me up and I've been sitting here, annoyed by the looks of pity when you walk in, slip into my seat and pretend to be my date just to make the looks go away' AU

'Why did Izumo and Kotetsu set me up on this stupid date anyway? The girl just stood me up. They don't even acknowledge that being bi means you can like boys too.' 

Iruka Umino sat outside the ice cream place with his cellphone on the table and a small cup of coffee in front of him. The coffee was cold and his phone was almost dead. The looks of pity from the people inside were worse. He sighed and messed with his jacket. It was getting chilly and all he wanted to do was go home. After a few more minutes of waiting and checking that he got the time right, he decided to go home. As Iruka was getting ready to leave, a guy slid into the seat across from him. One of his eyes were closed and had a long but thin scar over it. He had a face mask on and a leaf t-shirt. Iruka was confused.

'The date was supposed to be a girl. What's this man doing here?'

The guy smiled under his mask "Sorry I'm late!"

"The date was supposed to be a girl..."

The guy leaned across the table "Whoever ditched you is an asshole and I noticed you looked uncomfortable with the people staring at you from inside. So, if you want the stares to stop you could play along."

Iruka smiled. "Alright then. What's your name?"

"Kakashi Hatake. Nice to meet you. Now, what flavor of ice cream do you want? I'm paying."

They walked inside, ordered ice cream, sat outside at one of the tables, and talked for a while. 

After the date, Kakashi walked Iruka to his car.

"Hey, I was wondering if you'd like to go on a real date sometime?" Kakashi smiled under his mask. Iruka's face tinted a light pink.

"S-Sure! Could I have your number?"

Kakashi smiled and they swapped numbers. When Iruka got back to the apartment, Izumo ambushed him at  the door.

"So? How'd it go? Did you get another date?"

"Well, the girl stood me up but I waited there anyway. I didn't like all the staring and a guy named Kakashi noticed I didn't like the staring so he pretended to be my date and now I have a real, first date with him and his number."

Izumo's jaw dropped. "Is he good-looking?"

"Yeah, he is. He has a scar across his eye and he kept it closed the whole time. I think it was pretty cool. He also had a face mask on because he doesn't want to look like his father. He has a tattoo and lots of dogs!"

"So you got a date by sitting there, looking miserable and now you have a seCOND DATE WITH THE SAME GUY?!"

"Uhm... Yeah pretty much!"

Izumo facepalmed. "Dear lord, how are you so cute?"

"I'm cute?"

"You're damn right! You're cute as hell! I only like you as a friend, but as your best friend you have to know that you are cute as hell. That Kakashi guy probably fell in love at first sight."

"Wha-"

"Welp, I'm glad it went well! If you get married, I'm best man!" He ran upstairs. Iruka shook his fist at the retreating man.

"SHUT THE HELL UP IZUMO!"

Iruka went into his small apartment and sat down. His almost dead phone buzzed as it was on the charger.

Kakashi:

Welp, I'm bored and I want to talk to you 'cause you're cute

Iruka:

One, I'm not cute. Two, sure I have time to talk

Kakashi:

Take a good look at yourself and try saying you're not adorable as hell

Iruka chuckled as he flopped on his bed. Maybe this date wasn't so bad.

...

I take requests! I do anything and everything except nsfw 'cause I'm horrible at it! Feel free to ask!