Chapter 1: The Slaves

So this is my second book, I wrote this when I was in 3rd grade, I thought that right now this would make sense to put it in Wattpad.

1845, Atlantic ocean

"This story starts in America, wait," my great great grandmother chuckled. "That's not the story I'm trying to tell. This story actually starts in the heart of South Africa, my mom, my dad, my 6 other siblings and I lived in a little cottage, our neighbors were an old couple who had lived in South Africa for about 50 years. Everyday we would take turns taking a water pitcher to the creek to get water to drink and to bathe, we did that until HE came. West Boring-ton (get it? jk it was actually West Borington). The man who took everything away from us and made us slaves. The last time we saw each other was when we were brought onto different slave boats docked on the harbor by the Atlantic Ocean."

"We got pushed, kicked and punched by all of the other Africans from different tribes, I think there were at least 250,000 people in the big ship me and my father were on. Over the course of the 2 weeks, 20 people had died of starvation, 35 people had gotten shot trying to escape the slave ship, and over 200 people had died from a disease, my bunk-mate, who slept underneath me, named Kokemaha, who was a half-Hawaiian, half-African, was another girl from my tribe. She was half-Hawaiian because her mom was Hawaiian, Kokemaha was never nice to me, but when my father died from a heart disease on the boat, Kokemaha whispered something to his dead body, which I'm pretty sure she said "Rest in peace, Uncle," I'm pretty sure I didn't hear her right, was Kokemaha my cousin? I knew it could not be possible, my dad didn't have ANY siblings, so my mom must've made the connection, but that wasn't possible either, my mom was Chinese, and as I said before, Kokemaha's mom is Hawaiian, but what if the family left Hawaii, and moved to China before my mom was born! But I didn't have any more time to think about it, for West Borington had just come down to the bottom deck to call light's out, only then, we asked questions. Dotes, a Dominican-African boy, about the age of 11, asked "When we gonna' arrive in America?"

"That's none of your busi-!" snapped West Borington. 

"I heard we gonna' arrive in America tomorrow!" Kokemaha interrupted. 

"Young girl, you keep your mouth shut or you'll end up at the end of the whip, which reminds me, who wanted to get whipped? Ah, yes, you, and you, and you, and you. Well, in fact, since you asked 2 questions, there are going to be 2 spanks for everyone tomorrow!" West Borrington said with amusement, I was so angry that I had to resist from getting out of bed, and slapping that smile out of the universe!"