Chapter 2: SACRIFICES

I hope you like it , if you have any comments plz feel free to comment down below.

1845, Atlantic Ocean

"Yawn," I groaned, rubbing the gunky eye boogers out of my eyes. Just then, West Borington came in and ordered "Rise and shine, here's your Breakfast, and each of you get 2 spanks this morning!" He threw a steel metal plate with West Borington's crew's leftovers from their breakfast. We finished up our breakfast quickly then we went up to the deck where we would get the spanks. West went up after us holding a 3 foot-long golden wired whip, it was beautiful, but West said it was made for use, not beauty. "LINE UP!" West bellowed loudly, to loud in fact that Harley, an African girl from our neighboring tribe, had gone deaf 4 days ago, ever since she had gotten deaf, whenever West tried to talk to her, she would ignore him, and she would never know why or how many spanks she would get in the morning.

Then just yesterday West Borington's right hand man had come in asked to see Harley, and the last time we ever got a glimpse of her freckled face, she told West Borington's crew her last words:"you can hit me, you can punch me, you can do anything to me, but don't take my country away from me!"

"It's too late, little girl" his right hand man sneered. That day, the sky was like a sapphire, and the sun, shining as bright as the North Star." My great great grandma as smiling and laughing about how good her life was after that.